We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville
reviews: 2
Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

What hotelswould be in walking distance to the steps & Fountain and could you walk to the collosseum from the steps or fountain?

and how is the weather in mid

Sept?

Hagerstown, Maryland
reviews: 28
1. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

The weather in mid September will likely be very warm to hot.

A few days ago we gave you several suggestions for hotels near the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps, and already answered your question about walking distance to the colosseum (yes). What more are you looking for?

To see a more comprehensive list of hotels in those areas, go to Venere.com and see the hotels they list for Rome - the site allows you to zero in on those around the Trevi Fountain or Spanish Steps.

Gainesville
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

Sorry jjkdc what I am looking for is as much info as possible and other opions as well.

thank you for your input

Dallas
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

1Gatorgirl. I myself am gathering info on Rome before i visit it with my wife in November. A site that i found is interesting is romeby.com, dont know if you have it but do take a look if you dont. It has hotels segmented down by areas in Rome. Also try frommers.com if you like although some of their website links for hotels are either old or dont even come up in your web browser.

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 15
4. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

I am leaving for Rome in a few days and decided to stay at the Hotel Concordia it is halfway between the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain plus it has airconditioning. The reviews were good and it is in a good location.

5. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

We too are staying at the Concordia precruise in a couple of weeks. Please let me know how you like it.

Thanks.

Norfolk England
reviews: 3
6. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

We just got back from staying at the Hotel Fontana at the Trevi fountain - it's a comfortable 25 minute slow stroll to the Colosseum from Trevi (and around 10 mins to Pantheon, 30 mins to Vatican, 10 mins to Spanish Steps etc) - a wonderfully central location.

It was HOT - but there are tons of fountains and plenty of shady spots - you'll love it!

spain
reviews: 3
7. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

We stayed last summer at Montecitorio hotel,look it, the situation is excellent ant it's cheap, very little but great.

Ft. Myers, FL
reviews: 14
8. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

international wine academy has beautiful rooms overlooking the spanish steps

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 12
9. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

We stayed at the Concordia Sept/05 for four nights;

We arranged for airport pickup through the hotel; we had arrived at the hotel about 11am and they stored our bags for us until checkin was available; the room and bathroom were extremely clean; we had our breakfasts in the basement breakfast room; that was alittle disapointing as the roof top area is lovely; (they thought it was too chilly to eat outside; in all fairness, it had rained quite abit too); we did go up to the roof top area to have a sip of wine before the evening activities.

the location was fantastic: just a 5 minute walk to the spanish steps; we walked to all the tourist spots from that location including the metro which was a short 5-10 minute walk away as well.(Barberini metro station) We did take the metro to the vatican and then travelled back on the open-air bus. (There was a large internet cafe right next to the barberini station as well which we used often)

Very friendly multi-language speaking front desk staff;

The rooms were very small; the mattress did give me some grief; i did have to stop at the pharmacy for some medication for a sore back; after i left rome, my back pain got considerably less; just a note about the pharmacy: i was able to easily purchase medication for my back pain that normally required a doctor's prescription in canada; that was unexpected.

I am accompanying my mother to rome next april and have considered going back to the concordia because of its great location; i am also looking at other options in the spanish steps area and have spotted the hotel daniel; it looks like a great location as well; anyone have experience with this property?

Also, the weather last mid september was very comfortable (plus 20 t0 25C) with more rain than i expected; in the evenings i wore a light sweater.

regards; karen, from calgary

cincinnati
reviews: 10
10. Re: Hotel near Spanish Steps & Fountain

Hotel Suisse was great. A fantastic location and nice size room and bathroom. just on the street above the Spanish Steps. We walked everywhere from there. Very reasonable prices too.