We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining near Spanish steps?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury...
reviews: 4
Dining near Spanish steps?

Know that this is a touristy area ... but it happens to be where we are staying starting next week. Would love some recommendations for great, local restaurants. THANKS

Roma
reviews: 20
1. Re: Dining near Spanish steps?

Depends what you mean by great: food, people, atmosphere, view, convenience? Hardly can have it all here. At any rate, you'll have to walk further to find the more lively restaurant areas at night, piazza di Spagna is most definitevely more lively before 7.30 pm, when shops close. Then it becomes quieter. It's ok for a drink after 6pm, but if you look for the action it is else where.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 281
2. Re: Dining near Spanish steps?

Spanish Steps is touristy, but it is also where some (very lucky) people live. My family's had a home there since the 1970's, and I still go several times a year.

In my opinion, the best dining spot near the Spanish Steps is Palatium, a wine bar featuring regional food and wine. Address is Via Frattina 94. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality. Sometimes service is a bit abrupt, other times very friendly.

Locals and visitors alike dine at Al 34, Via Mario Dè Fiori 34. Very traditional little place, quite lively, friendly staff. Website is http://www.ristoranteal34.it

Near the Trevi, a very easy walk from the Spanish Steps, try Colline Emiliane, Via degli Avignonesi 22. Lots of tourists, particularly in the back room, but also some locals, and very friendly staff.

For your gelato fix, there's Fatamorgana, Via Laurina 10, and San Crispino (near the Trevi) at Via della Panetteria 42.

Hope this helps!

P.S. -- the area is touristy, true, but it's also home to some (very lucky) people. My family has had a home there since the 1970's, and I love it even more today.

3. Re: Dining near Spanish steps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 04, 2014