We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

using iPad in Italy

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
using iPad in Italy

I'd like to take my iPad with me on a trip to Italy, for use on the plane to and from as well as when I'm there for email and any searches to do while there. Anyone have any issues or offer suggestions for what I need or be aware of?

Thanks!

18 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: using iPad in Italy

Keep it in a safe place and make sure it doesn't draw attention from thieves :)

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: using iPad in Italy

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping to get information/suggestions/advice as to Wifi access, power or adapter requirements, charging issues, etc..

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 14
3. Re: using iPad in Italy

You don't need a converter but you will need a wall adaptor for your Ipad. You can get them about anywhere, Department stores ( look in the luggage or travel section), on line, etc. You need the adaptor with two 4mm prongs. The three prong (grounded) adaptor will work if the outlet is grounded. I've never had a problem with a two prong. I always take an extension cord too because outlets are often limited in number.

I had wifi in all of out hotels on our last two trips to Italy. It was free.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
4. Re: using iPad in Italy

If your hotel offers wifi, they will give you a password to use (this is part of Italy's security protocol) to get online. All my lodgings the past few years have had Wifi - and then all I need is the adapter to charge my electronics.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: using iPad in Italy

Thank you! I checked for adapters and there a million!....some have one adapter, some have a converter, some have combination... Are you able to post a photo of what I need if it's not too much trouble?

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
6. Re: using iPad in Italy

Try this link as a start.

rei.com/learn/…world-electricity-guide.html

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
7. Re: using iPad in Italy

I've been using this one for years:

amazon.com/gp/…

For my Macbook Pro laptop, Kindle, iPod, cell phone, DSLR camera (and probably some other thing I just can't remember right now - as if those things aren't enough....)

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 14
8. Re: using iPad in Italy

I bought this 6 pack because I often have a couple of battery chargers going as well as my Ipad and phone.

amazon.com/Travel-Adapter-Converter-Micro-Pa…

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
9. Re: using iPad in Italy

Or you can get a compact power strip and one adapter, like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Outlets-Go-Power-Strip-USB/dp/B0018MEBNG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375617608&sr=1-2&keywords=travel+power+strip

Since many hotels are short on outlets, this kills two birds with one stone. Note that it can only be used with dual voltage appliances, such as chargers, phones, tablets, and most laptops.

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: using iPad in Italy

Excellent info everyone! Grazie!

Reply to: using iPad in Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted