We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Where to stay??

Hi, we are four adults (two couples travelling from Australia and Rome is one of the stops on our trip We will be there for 5 nights but are unsure of what area to stay. As none of us are spring chickens any more we would like somewhere reasonably central to get to the touristy sites but not too noisy and over-priced :)

Any help appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 96
1. Re: Where to stay??

Hi Sharziwan

Reasonably central but not expensive/noisy - not necessarily easy but this hotel is near the Trevi Fountain, is in a quiet street and is very cheap for its location

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g187791-d570…

Takapuna, New...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Where to stay??

I'm guessing your meaning of not over-priced but these apartments might fit the bill in Piazza Navona area.

friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/rome/apart…

If you use this link and enter your actual dates you will find what is available.

friendlyrentals.com/en/…accommodation-220.htm

Edited: 5:42 am, July 21, 2013
Canberra, Australia
3. Re: Where to stay??

Thanks wigwam and Kathy W!!

To clarify - I am unsure of what area of Rome to stay in and looking for guidance on areas but didn't want to have to pay top $$. We are 4 adults travelling together (2 couples) and are happy to share accommodation (ie. 2 bed apartment) to save a bit of money but just wasn't sure what area to look in.

Will have a look at the links to get a better idea - thanks!!

sydney
reviews: 4
4. Re: Where to stay??

We are travelling to Italy next May and staying in Rome about 4 nights - 2 "middle aged" couples - and from my research I am looking around Campo dei Fiori/Navona/Pantheon/Spanish Steps areas as a central area where we can walk to a lot of places. I am looking at 2 bedroom apartments rather than hotel rooms - though a bit harder finding ones with 2 double beds.

Canberra, Australia
5. Re: Where to stay??

Hi diddy19,

Wigwam gave me a great steer to friendly rentals - found two fantastic options for under $300 per night for 4 ppl, plus they all have double beds. Seems location is the bit you need to decide :)

Let me know how you go?

Ithaca, New York
reviews: 17
6. Re: Where to stay??

Rental apartments usually ask you to pay before you get there, and you won't have any options if you dislike the space when you finally see it. Campo de' Fiori is one of the best places to stay--picturesque and near most historic sites as well as restaurants and all kinds of shopping. You might try for the Smeraldo hotel, which has tiny rooms but has a roof garden and an excellent location. It has reasonable prices and elevator service and is clean. You can decline the per-person breakfast cost that's always folded into the quoted price and eat, instead, across the street at Rosanna, a wonderful cafe. Also across the street is one of the best reasonably-priced restaurants in Rome, Moderna. If you can book the Smeraldo (it's very popular), be sure you are getting the main hotel with the roof garden and not the nearby annex.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
7. Re: Where to stay??

Hello Sz,

Go to the top of this screen and click on the tab marked "Hotels". Or, click on this which will take you to the same place:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187791-Rome_Lazio-Ho…

Hotels are listed approximately by popularity, and this list is based on input from thousands of tripadvisor users who have stayed in these hotels. Instead of relying on what just one person says, you can go by what fifty or a hundred people say about a particular hotel. You will learn all you need to know from these reviews. We use this list frequently and it has never failed us!

Spirit

Dayton OH
reviews: 5
8. Re: Where to stay??

Great advice. Thanks!!!

Canberra, Australia
9. Re: Where to stay??

Hi Spirit, thanks for the advice!

Was just trying to get an idea of location not actual properties. Once I have worked that out I will definitely be using the advice of other travellers.

Cheers!

10. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 24, 2014