We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at Rome FCO experience

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Farnham, Surrey
reviews: 9
Car Hire at Rome FCO experience

As respectfully as I can, we have just returned from a week's holiday in Umbria, via Rome FCO airport. We pre-booked a car via Maggiore, and I have to say it was the worst car-hire experience of my life! It took nearly SIX HOURS before we eventually got a car, and we were travelling with an 18 month old toddler. Not a good way to start a holiday, as we then had a 3 hour drive to Umbria. All in all, a 20 hour day door-to-door.

My question is, is this a typical experience at FCO, or can someone recommend an efficient car hire company at FCO, regardless of price? (I realise that saving a few Euros was a very false economy!)

2 replies to this topic
South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Car Hire at Rome FCO experience

Future car rental www.auto-europe.co.uk

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 5
2. Re: Car Hire at Rome FCO experience

we recently rented from Budget at FCO. The cars were actualy very good quality .Diesel Fiat Punto which was very good car and great on gas.I would use them again for the price and quality of vehicle.if you are renting at FCO I would get one person in your party to get the bags and the other to go get in line at rental counter and save some time. the bags took an hour and the rental car line was an hour..

Reply to: Car Hire at Rome FCO experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted