We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Share 7th September

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 2
Taxi Share 7th September

Hi all,

I've been trying to find reasonable transport fare from Ciampino airport but due to our late arrival on the 7th September with Ryanair it's almost certain we will have to pay a ridiculous 55 euro for a 10 minute transfer to our hotel. I have been looking on Tripadvisor and contacted the Hotel for info on public transport/transfers but it seems the shuttle bus finish around 10pm, Is there anyone out there arriving at around 10.30pm that would like to share a Taxi fare? I know the train station is not far from the airport but transport to the train is also a taxi journey which is around 30 euro for probably a 3/5 minute transfer? If we transfer by train can we walk to the train station? and do they run late at night? I'm not running on a tight budget, it's the principle.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Taxi Share 7th September

A taxi from Ciampino to central Rome (within the old walls) has a fixed price of €30.

Bologna
reviews: 3
2. Re: Taxi Share 7th September

" transport to the train is also a taxi journey which is around 30 euro for probably a 3/5 minute transfer"

This doesn't sound like an accurate quote...

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 23
3. Re: Taxi Share 7th September

If it's only a ten-minute ride, it's certainly not within the Aurelian walls. However, a regular taxi should be reasonably priced. The Ciampino taxis have a reputation for ripping people off, though.

Bologna
reviews: 3
4. Re: Taxi Share 7th September

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k66748…

If the destination is the one mentioned in this post, we're talking about a 13kms ride (in Google Map's opinion), and not certainly a "3/5 minutes transfer"

Edited: 8:32 am, July 20, 2013
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Taxi Share 7th September

Thanks for all your information, I have found a cheap transfer on the web connected to SITBUS, only 4 euro at 11.30pm..... Bargain!

6. Re: Taxi Share 7th September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 23, 2014