We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Texas
Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

I am about to buy 4 tickets - 2 adults and 2 kids - ages 15 and 9. For the Colosseum tickets, the only option it gives is 4 adults, i.e., it doesn't allow me to specify kids. I am fine with buying 4 adult tickets but will they let my kids in with adult tickets?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 12
1. Re: Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

You cannot use the print at home option to buy kids tickets. You must use the "buy single" tickets and pick them up at the colosseum.

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
2. Re: Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

Since kids under 18 now can enter free, you wouldn't want adult tickets for them, anyway. Even though they're free, they do need tickets, though. If you buy them online, you'll have to pay the €1.50 reservation fee. Another option is to buy just two adult tickets with the print@home option. The kids will be able to line up at the group tickets desk to get their "free" tickets. I can't find anything in English confirming this; I found it on this other page of the ticketclic website:

www.ticketclic.it/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

Also, according to the Rome tourist office, there are two museums in central Rome that sell Colosseum tickets: the Museum of the Baths of Diocletian, near Termini station; and Palazzo Altemps, near Piazza Navona. These are two of the four sites of the National Roman Museum. They almost never have any sort of queue for tickets. This might be an option for those who are visiting at a busy time of year, but want to keep their schedules flexible. You have to pay the reservation fee if you buy at one of these museums.

060608.it/en/…colosseo-anfiteatro-flavio.html

Canada
3. Re: Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

bvienci - on you second link I see the following:

- Third Ring and Hypogeum: access is also possible without guided tour at 10.40 and 13.40. Booking with credit card is required (ticket price+ booking fee) at 0039 06 39967700 (mon-frid 9.00-13.00 / 14.00-17.00; sat ore 9.00-13.00).

What does that mean? Also is it still reasonable to purchase your Colosseum ticket at the Forum for a shorter line.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 12
4. Re: Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

I believe that might be a typo as those areas are locked and you must have a guide to unlock them. Also the times listed are the times of the tours.

You can purchase tickets at the forum or palatine hill but the reports are that the lines have been long at both of those sites as well. When we were there a few weeks ago there was a long line at the palatine hill entrance but we already had our tickets so we just bypassed everyone and walked inside.

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
5. Re: Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

Someone else once mentioned that it was possible to visit the underground area and third level at specific times without a tour, but I've never seen it on an official site; however, the link I gave is for the Rome tourist office, which is usually reliable. If you want to do that, I suggest you call the number given. If you would report back to us, it would be very useful.

As Donna says, there are now reports of long lines sometimes at the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill entrances. The best time to try would be in the afternoon. I think the two museums I mentioned above would be your best opportunities of buying tickets at the last minutes, if you should happen to be near either one. As I said, they are both part of the National Roman Museum, which has four sites, and they're one of Rome's best bargains. The ticket is only 7 euros, and gives access to all four museums, over a period of three days. One of the four, Palazzo Massimo alle Terme is one of Rome's foremost museums, with a superb collection of ancient sculpture, as well as splendid mosaics and some fine wall frescoes from the villa of Livia, wife of the Emperor Augustus. This museum is very near Termini station, and is also near the Museum of the Diocletian Baths, another very interesting museum, which is one of the places where you can buy Colosseum tickets.

6. Re: Buying Colosseum tickets on ticketclic.it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 23, 2014