We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authorization denied message from vatican website

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
authorization denied message from vatican website

I am trying to book a tour online at the Vatican website. I get through the entire process, get a confirmation number, and then I am asked to click on the green "confirm" box. But when I click on "confirm", I get "authorization denied". I tried again (using a different browser even), and the same thing happened again (so now I have two confirmation numbers, but "authorization denied" for both).

What is weird is that I was never asked for a credit card number (so presumably I just reserve now and pay when I get there, as indicated in the other thread). So not sure what they are denying. Any ideas, and suggestions for what I should do ?

I am trying to book for Tuesday June 11, and today is the first day to book that date - is it possible that their website is not accepting June 11 (even though it gave me a confirmation number) ? Other explanations ? What should I do ?

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
1. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

I would try again tomorrow after clearing your cache to see what happens; it is not unheard of that the website has some glitches (like any) at times. I doubt that date will all be sold out by tomorrow.

patra greece
reviews: 17
2. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

If your confirmation is ok they must sent you a mail with a code.They don't ask credit card because as they said in the mail you must present the mail and then pay

yorkshire
reviews: 38
3. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

I have also been having trouble booking on the website and its so frustrating!! I got right through the first time but it took so long for the email to come through it wasnt valid!So I left it for a few days and couldnt get past the first confirmation page, just tried agin this morning and its saying authorisation denied!! Fed up now!!!

4. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:30 am, April 14, 2013
5. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:50 am, January 05, 2014
california
6. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

And I cannot reach the Vatican ticket website this morning, so I suspect it is down today. Will try again tomorrow I guess.

I feel like I am in a "holding pattern" - I want to book the Vatican for Tuesday June 11, and Trentialia to Florence & back for Wed June 12 - and neither is cooperating (train schedules only available to June 8) ! I also want to book the Colosseum Underground for Monday June 10 and the Walks of Italy twilight stroll for arrival day = Sunday June 9 - but I waiting to book the Vatican and the train tickets, in case I have to move things around due to availability.

Any suggestions for Thursday June 13 while I hurry up and wait ? (I depart Rome on Friday June 14 for Paris).

Sta. Rosa, Laguna
reviews: 4
7. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

This may explain our problem with booking tickets for the Vatican Museum online: …latimes.com/2013/jan/03/business/la-fi-mo-c…

Let's hope that our booking reference would hold and still help us skip the long queue.

California
reviews: 1
8. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

Ashta;

I am also having problems booking at the Vatican...there is definately a problem.

I emailed them and I will let you know if I hear back. Same exact thing is happening to me.

So funny...I am also waiting to travel by train on June 12th from Venice to Rome...I check everyday

waiting for that site to update...still nothing.

I feel like I am in a holding pattern as well...

So you are not alone!

Keep trying!

New Iberia...
reviews: 1
9. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

I had no trouble booking a tour for 4 for June 11 early Saturday morning. I guess I was lucky. I did not have the problems that many have had. Got my confirmation email with no problems. Good luck to all.

california
10. Re: authorization denied message from vatican website

Worked for me today, got the confirmation email. Have to pay when I get there as reported by others.