We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vatican Museums-Night Openings

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
Vatican Museums-Night Openings

I am trying to book a time to visit the Vatican Museums on Friday June 21, 2013 at 1900. The Vatican web site lists March, April and May but not June or July. Will these latter two months just "show up" as the time get closer? (like Trenitalia tickets)

Many Thanks!

Canada
11. Re: Vatican Museums-Night Openings

If you are not wanting a tour, can you just show up on a Friday evening or do you need to book your tickets first. We are looking at later September with our kids and will probably spread some of the Vatican items over a few days. Does anyone have any idea of when there will be some kind of schedule for Pope Francis as he could choose a completely different schedule and also have more travel than Pope Benedict?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 14
12. Re: Vatican Museums-Night Openings

pbscastle, you can buy tickets or book online at the official vatican website. They do a sponsored tour.

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

Canuck, booking online is mandatory. You won't be able to just show up and get inside. It's easy to book but tickets for September won't be on sale for a few months so you have some time to plan.

Donna

Canada
13. Re: Vatican Museums-Night Openings

Thanks. It looks like the Friday evening visits fill up well in advance. So it is possible to show up for daytime visits without reservations, it's just night time ones that require pre-booking, correct?

Jacksonville
reviews: 17
14. Re: Vatican Museums-Night Openings

Donna,

Are the tours just on Friday's? I see where we can purchase(which I have to wait till July's is up). What would you do the start heading back my area which is Roman Forum? Of course, eating?? Would the tour take 4 hrs? I wouldn't think so but... never know. Sistine is included, right?

Thank Again!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 14
15. Re: Vatican Museums-Night Openings

canuck, you don't need a reservation to visit the museums during the day. If you wish to take a tour during the day you should book those ahead of time. I've never had an issue booking the night tour. They only book about 60 days in advance so if you're going later than May 17 you'll just need to keep checking the site.

pbscastle, the only tours at night are on Friday nights. You can book tours any day except Sunday through the Vatican website. The night tour is two hours long and ends in the Sistine chapel.

Donna

16. Re: Vatican Museums-Night Openings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 22, 2014