We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Hi

I am going to Rome in a couple of days and am looking to book tickets online for the colloseum underground tours and vatican tours through Tickitaly. I have read a few bad reviews from a few years ago and was wondering if anyone has used them recently??

Would really appreciate your advice!!

49 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 12
11. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

You can try to cancel. You can always book tours directly with the sites instead of going through third party vendors.

Donna

London, United...
reviews: 42
12. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

I wouldn't worry too much because they are plenty of good reviews as well. It may be best for you to call them a couple of days before you get there to double check that everything is alright.

reviews: 4
13. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

The specific page on the Vatican website for ordering tickets is:

biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do

and here is a link for the hours, when it is closed etc.

…vatican.va/3_EN/…MV_Info_Orari.html

Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 2
14. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

I used tickitaly for tickets to the Colosseum, Vatican and the Uffizi. I went to the Colosseum today and I had no trouble at all, skipped the long queues and just walked in. Fingers crossed it will be the same with the others too!

California, United...
15. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

HI

Did you use that coopculture.it site? It looks very genuine but just curious on your experience.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
reviews: 92
16. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

Yogamom69, I used the coopculture website to purchase print-at-home tickets for our April visit to the Colosseum/Roman Forum/Palatine Hill. I experienced no problems making the purchase or using the tickets once in Rome.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 12
17. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

The official site (coopculture) is very easy to use. We booked for a party of 8 for the end of June and had no problems at all with entry or doing the underground tour. This isn't the first time I've used their site for tickets. I've never experienced any types of issues. I would just stick to the official site and not pay a third party vendor an upcharge.

Donna

California, United...
18. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

thank you, very helpful.

Herning, Denmark
reviews: 9
19. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

How did it work out for you with Tickitaly?

California, United...
20. Re: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??

I ended up buying my tickets from www.coopculture.it. Only about 13 euros each. The tickets are valid for two consecutive days and include the forum. I don't think it includes a tour but I am ok with that.

Haven't traveled yet but everything looks fine.

I did however speak with a colleague at work that used tickitaly. He had no problems and enjoyed his visit ...just paid more.

Reply to: Tickitaly. Good or Bad??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted