We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Storage in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 7
Baggage Storage in Rome

Is there anywhere to store our luggage for about 8 hours - staying in the Navona-Pantheon area. Staying in apartment and don't think we can get a late check out. Flight out of Rome 10pm - don't want to drag the cases around all day. Any suggestions/tours for last day to overcome this problem would be helpfull.

18 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

There is luggage storage at Termini station.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 17
2. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

Just fyi, the luggage storage at train stations is in the form of staffed booths, not DIY lockers. They charge per bag. You might plan to do your last day's worth of sightseeing not far from the Termini area.

If you like museums, the Museo Nazionale Romano is pretty great. Here are a few pictures and video clips I took inside: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBU6HNN

N. Ireland
reviews: 30
3. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

Lower floor at Termini station has a baggage area. Your luggage is charged per bag and depends on how long you leave it. Last time I was in Rome I had to be out of our apartment by 10am but flight didn't go till 9.30pm. Left bags at the station, went to catacombs. just generally wandered around enjoying our last day in Rome. As we had to catch the train at Termini for the airport it was very convenient. The queue to check in luggage can be rather long, though picking it up is fairly quick and simple.

Melbourne
reviews: 7
4. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

Thank you everyone - Termini Station the way to go :) Roughly how much per suitcase?

Casbird - did you go to the catacombs by tour or did you make your own way there? Sounds like a good way to spend the last day in Rome and I had intended going there.

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
5. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

Here is the link for the luggage services with hours and prices.

www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

TAB

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
6. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

There's no point in taking a tour to the catacombs. Each one has its own tour, and outside guides can't give tours in the catacombs. All of the five catacombs that are regularly open for visits can be reached by public transportation. The easiest one to reach from Termini station is the St. Agnes catacomb. The number 90 express bus leaves from Termini station and stops right outside the convent walls. This is a rather small catacomb (at least the part that can be visited), but its part of a very interesting complex that includes the 9th century Basilica of Saint Agnes, the ruins of an early 4th century Basilica built by the Emperor Constantine, and the 4th century church of Santa Costanza (Constantine's daughter). Not many people visit this catacomb, so you usually have a very small tour group.

Read up on the various catacombs, and decide which you want to visit. They have different closing days, so every day there are several open.

Cornwall, England
reviews: 15
7. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

We too had a late flight out of Rome recently so we used Bon Bags;

http://www.bon-bags.com

For €6 per bag (I think the price may differ depending on how many bags you have - we had 4) they collected them from our apartment and then delivered them back to us at the airport. Valentino, who collected the bags, spoke very good English and we were very pleased with the service.

Edited: 4:04 am, November 29, 2012
N. Ireland
reviews: 30
8. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

I just went to the catacombs by myself, didn't see the need for a tour. It was a lovely relaxing last day. We had a lunch afterwards before heading to the airport. I can't remember exactly how much the baggage was but we checked in 3 bags for about 7hours and it was around €20.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 54
9. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

We paid 5Euros for each bag ... the lift to the luggage storage also comes out right at the platform for the airport train also, very convenient.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
10. Re: Baggage Storage in Rome

I could be mistaken, but I thought it was 7 euros per bag.

Reply to: Baggage Storage in Rome
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted