We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asian food around Termini

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 108
Asian food around Termini

Hi,

I will be traveling to Rome between Dec 28th to Dec 31st. I am staying in a hotel near Termini. I have 2 questions about food.

1. Any good Asian food (Thai or Chinese preferred) around the Termini. I would just like to try an Asian dish during the 4 days stay.

2. Can you recommend a good Mid range Italian restaurant for my Dinner around the Termini?

Thanks!

Y

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
1. Re: Asian food around Termini

There is a neighborhood around the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, south of Termini station, which has a large Asian population. Maybe there are some good Asian restaurants there, but I'm not sure, as I've never eaten there. I've eaten in three Chinese restaurants in the 14 years I've lived in Italy, two of which were highly recommended by friends. All three were terrible. I've never seen a Thai restaurant in Italy, although I'm sure there must be some. Italians rarely eat anything but Italian food, so ethnic restaurants are much less common than in other European countries.

I'm not sure what you consider mid-range, but we had a very nice dinner last summer at the Una hotel, Via Giovanni Amendola, 57, very near Termini station.

Bangkok, Thailand
2. Re: Asian food around Termini

Great Thanks! :)

rome
3. Re: Asian food around Termini

I see you are coming from Bangkok, so already predict you will be terribly disappointed in any kind of asian food in Rome - but if you have to have some, try food & beverage on via giolitti, just across from termini. it has decent chinese food (unfortunately from different regions, not a specific cuisine).

Bangkok, Thailand
4. Re: Asian food around Termini

Thank you very much!

Singapore
reviews: 4
5. Re: Asian food around Termini

Yami Chinese restaurant has good reviews though i have not tried it myself. i tried italian at restaurant Vimimale opposite Piazza Viminale- very good, generous servings and reasonably priced.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 281
6. Re: Asian food around Termini

We agree with the other posts -- we occasionally need a break from Italian food and go looking for something different, however, don't expect the overall quality of the other cuisines to be as strong as you would find in many other large cities (the two times we've tried Chinese food it was pretty bad). Rome-based food critic Elizabeth Minchilli does recommend one place at

elizabethminchilliinrome.com/2012/10/food-be… Parlafood.com lists some interesting non-Italian food places throughout Rome at parlafood.com/romes-international-cuisine. Perhaps something there will be of interest to you. If after reading the replies you are up for immersing yourself in Italian food, there are many good places in Rome at reasonable prices although you should explore beyond Termini (L'Asino d'Oro is currently a favorite and has a great lunch deal, and we also like the very reasonable Al Vino al Vino, both in Monti). The Parlafood.com site also has a good list of budget dining in Rome. Best of luck and enjoy the Eternal City!

7. Re: Asian food around Termini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 16, 2013