We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piazza Navona restaurants

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 2
Piazza Navona restaurants

Was hoping to get some advice. My wife and I are travelling to Rome this summer for the 3rd time. On our last trip we visited Piazza Navona and had a few drinks while soaking up the amazing atmosphere. We are definitely going back to the Piazza but this time were thinking of having a meal. I'm aware most of the restaurants are touristy with the usual characters trying to lure you in but are there any hidden gems around the Piazza?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
1. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

Do you want to eat ON the piazza or just nearby?

Missouri
reviews: 24
2. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

One block west of the Piazza is a nice little place called Osteria del'Anima. It's across the street from Santa Maria del'Anima and kitty corner to the Hotel Raphael. We've eaten there numerous times on different trips--good food and plenty of outside seating. We have also eaten at Tre Scalini--food is pretty good, just don't let the waiter talk you into the "special" antipasto!

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

Ideally we were hoping to eat on the square so that we can soak up the atmosphere and sunshine over lunch. Although if there are far superior eateries close by then we would be open to suggestions. Thanks.

UK
reviews: 54
4. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

When exactly do you plan to visit "this summer"?

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

Haha you spotted the deliberate mistake! Next summer was what I meant (end of August). I know its a bit early to be looking at the trip but its our wedding anniversary so want it to be perfect.

Edinburgh, United...
6. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

Thanks Romagnome. If the general consensus is that the square itself isn't the best for dining then the place you suggested looks perfect and then we can go to and enjoy the Piazza afterwards.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
7. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

Tre Scalini, mentioned by Romagnome, is right on the piazza. They're famous for their black truffle dessert, an ice cream concoction. (I've never eaten there, myself.) I'm sure they're overpriced, but if you want the atmosphere, that's probably your best option.

Liguria, Italy
reviews: 3
8. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

I've eaten gelato at Tre Scaline and it is really nothing to recommend. I wouldn't bother with the food.

You know, JetSet, piazza Navona is amazing for cocktails, but there are other really beautiful romantic outdoor settings in Rome in August where you can eat. Maybe a restaurant around piazza Farnese or Pierluigi (fish) tucked into piazza Ricci on the via Monserrato might work too. You could have cocktails and walk over for dinner. These are much quieter places, but in August, you might enjoy that.

Edited: 12:17 pm, October 15, 2012
9. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:06 am, October 16, 2012
Northumberland, UK
reviews: 3
10. Re: Piazza Navona restaurants

I second Pierluigi - a lovely romantic setting .It is our wedding anniversary in August too & we have celebrated it in Rome several times. As well as Pierluigi we can recommend Casina Valadier and Santa Lucia.