We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Night tours

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tehran, Iran
reviews: 2
Rome Night tours

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good night tour of floodlit monuments and sights of Rome?

I would prefer one that allows me to get out and take photos or at least enjoy the area.

I will have already done a day tour independently but want to see Rome in its night time glory. And if they show new places, I will be so glad :)

www.viatour.com has lots of tours. any idea about the tours?

how is the Ghost and Mystery Walking Tour?

Also, I am preferring a tour because I will be a single female in my 20s and really don't feel comfortable out at night by myself.

thx in advance

Mississauga, ON
reviews: 86
1. Re: Rome Night tours

Walks of Italy has a Twilight Tour of the main sites. This is a two and a half hour walking tour. Maximum 12 in the group.

walksofitaly.com/tour_bookings/…40

I've not had personal experience with Walks of Italy, but the company gets raves reviews on TA and I'm booking two tours with them for our upcoming visit.

Enjoy!

Tehran, Iran
2. Re: Rome Night tours

Thx for the link.

I will check it out. Hope u will have great time with this tour. :)

Tehran, Iran
3. Re: Rome Night tours

The group tour starts at 5:30 in summer.

I was searching for later tour. like 8 pm.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 14
4. Re: Rome Night tours

You can do your own night tour. There are lots of audio tours of the city that you can simply do at night. This will allow you to start when you want and stop for as long as you like at the sites that most interest you.

The ones I like are from pocketvox.com

Donna

London, United...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Rome Night tours

If I can make a suggestion, why not do your own thing? That's what I did when I was in Rome recently, although most day I was out from around 7pm to 3am. Those are pretty late hours but I did manage to get some really lovely photos which was my main aim. Plus I managed to get some good chill out time between shoots as I was on my own so I could appreciate the sights a bit more :-)

If you're worried about safety though, don't be as there were usually people around, and police/carabinieri were usually not too far away either.

Edit - Donna beat me to it :-)

Edited: 7:35 am, July 27, 2012
Tehran, Iran
6. Re: Rome Night tours

Thx for the advices.

I will be in Italy on my own and I do really worry about the safety.

Most of our lovely TA members say not to worry for being alone, even at nights, but it's weird for me.

I like to do my own tour but any suggestion for group tour would be lovely. :)

London, United...
7. Re: Rome Night tours

With regard to safety I did see plenty of young ladies out in the night too. Just stick to areas that won't be too secluded, and if someone tries to engage you in conversation that you don't like the look of just keep on walking. You'll be fine :-)

Tehran, Iran
8. Re: Rome Night tours

Okay let's see how are the nights at Rome.

I think I must be there and taste the night mood there :D

Hope for enjoyable days and nights for all TAs

London, United...
9. Re: Rome Night tours

I hope you have a fantastic time and get some great photos :-)

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 53
10. Re: Rome Night tours

We spent most of the evenings walking the sights until 1am. The public transport is pretty good to get you around and when we got lost we jumped into a taxi. The streets were surprisingly busy with tourists and as others have stated the police are always pretty close by.