We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

Hello,

Me and two friends all male are staying near Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and looking for recommendations for food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs. Can anyone help recommend anything near by or a short taxi journey.

Thanks.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 21
1. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

I asked something similar, wanting to experience a little nightlife while in Rome and was met on this forum with disdain, condescension and a general holier than thou attitude.

I will be in Rome next week and will report back on the nightlife, if it is still relevant to you.

Montreal
2. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

Whiskeyr, you asked specifically about pub crawls, whose one and only purpose was to allow tourists to become pasted as quickly and as cheaply as possible.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

You do not have to worry about finding food and drink. Central Rome is full of restaurants and bars. The restaurants all display their menus outside, with prices, so you can look around to find one that serves food you like at a price you are willing to pay.

But try not to get drunk. You will very seldom see an Italian drunk in public, and the Italians don't like it in tourists.

Montreal
4. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

Anyone looking for club action in Rome is welcome to use Google Translate to wade through this recent article about what's in and what's out in Rome nightlife:

…repubblica.it/cronaca/…

Rome
reviews: 2
5. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

Here I am - I think this ROME forum can also cover clubs/pubs/drinking/dancing.... why send people to articles and have them translate them, too? Btw, my husband is mentioned in the article above!

Anyway.... here are my suggestions:

Walk to MONTI and find bars like FULL MONTI (piazza della madonna ai monti), Ai tre Scalini (wine bar), Finnegan's Pub (via Leonina 66), CAsa Clementina for a nice drink (via clementina 9),

Mississauga, ON
reviews: 83
6. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

I don't have any personal experience to share, but Time Out Rome has a listing of bar, pubs and clubs.

http://www.timeout.com/rome/

Enjoy!

7. Re: Food then Bars/Pubs and Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 pm, June 21, 2013