We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback re "airbnb" please

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 20
Feedback re "airbnb" please

Just had one TA member recommend an apartment via this site

Www.airbnb.com/rooms/332126

Anyone had any experiences to share?

thanks

Jules

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
reviews: 26
1. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

I, too have recently discovered AirBNB and have booked an apartment in Vittorio Emanuelle II Piazza for my stay in May as a bit of a test. I have to say that so far my dealings with the host have been great and the site seems to be fine (I use Paypal because It didn't appear to me that AIRBNB oped up a https: site to pay so just check that the site is secure before sending personal information.

Depending on where you want to stay I've also discovered that one can get hotels with breakfast for a similar price..... part of the fun of a holiday is in the research though!

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

Thanks Yachtgirl.

If I book Paypal will also be the go.

I am just hesitant as there are not too many reviews to note.

Jules

Prague, Czech...
3. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

You can also check out www.wimdu.com pretty much the same as airbnb. I have used them and also advertise my property in Prague on both airbnb and wimdu. Never had a problem. Cheaper then hotels :)

Cheltenham, United...
reviews: 59
4. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

I have had that place suggested to me too.

I thought it was interesting that it was being recommended from people who had stayed there, but yet, there were or are no reviews relating to that particular apartment apart from a comment left by a "friend"

While it may be perfectly fine, for me, that rang some alarm bells for me and was enough to not lead me to book and to seek a more confirmed alternative

Kat

Prague, Czech...
5. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

It is quite often the case (no reviews) because people advertise in different places. My apartment for example I have reviews on one site and not the other 2 places I am advertising. Some people just dont bother commenting.

Also it might be a new rental, they have build up a good reputation from people like you, taking the chance :)

Edited: 9:14 am, February 07, 2012
chicago
reviews: 19
6. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

I just contacted the host and asked where else he may have listed as he says he's been renting for years. It does look nice. I'll let you know what he says.

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

Thanks everyone - still undecided.

Jules

Cheltenham, United...
8. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

Jules, just wondering if you made any decision about this apartment, or whether you had found feedback, or had contact with the owner at all?

Brisbane, Australia
9. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

Hi Kat

I had some reassurances from 2 sources.

I sent messages between myself and the "friend" on the site, who was happy to answer questions. I also had another lady who had stayed in the apartment, but booked through another source, provide information re the apartment.

I now note a second "friend" review on the airbnb site.

I did a little research on airbnb and read feedback from customers who claimed to be happy with their processes.

As the apartment appeared to suit all my needs I went ahead and booked for October. Valerio was prompt with acceptance and a brief message

I will maintain a glass half full view and look forward to staying there.

As one of my friends stated recently, "sometimes you just have to dive right in to test the water"....

I hope this helps.

Jules

Jules

Cheltenham, United...
10. Re: Feedback re "airbnb" please

thanks Jules,

I sent an enquiry over this afternoon and within 30 mins he had approved the potential booking. We currently have a cancellable booking in a B&B near termini, but the more Ive researched, the more Im thinking I would like to be nearer to either Navona or Spanish steps, especially as we are now going to get a taxi from the airport I haven't go so much worry of being near to the train station.

I found a beautiful place that overlooked the Pantheon, but when I contacted them it had been sold for private use . . .yet the ad is still there. Guess it just makes me a bit nervous.

Am going to think about it over the weekend and if this one is still available will book it. He said that he lists on Romesweethome but I cannot find the listing there or any reviews.

Thanks so much for replying. If I do book, I will let you know what its like, as we are travelling May/June

Thanks

Kat