We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derbyshire
reviews: 3
honeymoon in Rome

Hi,

We are thinking of honeymooning in Rome. we get married on July 28th so thinking of flying out for 5 day on the Monday 31st July.

I have looked at a few hotels. But has anyone got any recommendations. And do you think we will have a good time here to make it memorable. sightseeing,shopping,sitting in cafes watching the world go by.??

Do you think we have choose the right place to honeymoon.?

new york city
reviews: 1
1. Re: honeymoon in Rome

I think Rome is the perfect place for a honeymoon....but 5 days is the bare minimum you will want to spend there .... you will be able to see just the highlights

also, bear in mind that it gets unbearably hot that time of year and all the Romans go on vacation in August there will be only tourists around and only the most touristy things will be open! Def try and find a place with air conditioning!!

derbyshire
2. Re: honeymoon in Rome

everyone keeps mentioning the heat.. would it be any hotter than anywhere else in europe at that time of year,??

Never been to italy so im not sure.

thankyou for your reply

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 11
3. Re: honeymoon in Rome

I dont know why people say you need 4/5 days in rome. I think 3 days is enough for first timers. 1 day for ancient rome, 1 day for vatican and 1 day for modern center (navona, pantheon and trevi)

new york city
reviews: 1
4. Re: honeymoon in Rome

That is your opinion Indoshakespeare!

There is so much to see in Rome that 3 days is def not enough ESPECIALLY for 1st timers!!! 5 days is the bare minimum, 7-10 days would be the perfect minimum!

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 92
5. Re: honeymoon in Rome

It is not matter of minimum; Rome offers an incredible numer of sites worth to see, mostly ignored by usual tours. So, even 10 days may be not regarded as enough. However, one can have a perfect experience of it also in 2 or 3 days; the main thing is being aware that one can see just something, and making a selection instead of getting crazy turning around to have a look of "everything". And I think every travel should include a part of relax, so I suggest keeping some time for your plan of shopping and sitting in cafés, or just to wander here and there; Rome is not just a list of monuments.

6. Re: honeymoon in Rome

Typically Rome is a high of 90. Weatherunderground.com has the stats on all major cities.

I am guessing but perhaps the summer visitors notice the heat so acutely because many spend the hot summer days scurrying from site to site to site till by 4pm they are hot tired and exhausted. If you do the walking before the heat of the day and linger over a late long lunch in the shade, you will be ok. And if you think of this a just a first of many visits you can take your time.

Edited: 7:28 pm, December 28, 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 11
7. Re: honeymoon in Rome

Vatican city is the only one that takes the whole day. Modern center takes 4 hrs max (do it on the day of your arrival), ancient rome takes half a day. Do it in the morning and do some shopping in the evening.

I can even do paris in 2.5 days since eiffel tower opens until midnight :D. Eiffel tower and A de T on the day of your arrival, Louvre and Sacre-Cour on the second day (shopping cafe after), notre dame on the morning of the third day then go to versailles

Montreal
8. Re: honeymoon in Rome

Indoshakespeare, a honeymoon is not amd should not be a marathon.

Sunshinetraveller, if you have five days, you'll have time to sit in cafes and watch the world go by. Plan your days to be out in the morning, have a long lunch, retreat to your air-conditioned hotel during the worst heat, go out again in the late afternoon and keep going until as late at night as you like.

Rome is not romantic the way countryside Tuscany is; it's a large, noisy and somewhat chaotic city. But it certainly offers scope for romance.

Your best investment will be a good guidebook.

derbyshire
9. Re: honeymoon in Rome

So what would you all say that we cant leave Rome without seeing.?????

derbyshire
10. Re: honeymoon in Rome

Zerlina. Tuscany sounds wonderful but we live in the countryside so this isn't something that would apeal. We often take romantic walks in the woods and across the meadows. but thankyou for your help