We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 32
renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Any experience with this rental agency ? I was looking at their Luna appt.. andw ould appreciate feedback. We are staying 4 nights in Rome and am searching for an appt. with balcony! Thanks

Takapuna, New...
reviews: 34
1. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

I haven't stayed in the Luna apartment but have used Friendly Rentals in Rome, San Sebastian, Barcelona and they have been good to deal with and the apartments have been fine. I have booked with them again this year in Rome and Paris. The Luna apartment is a bit out of the way and not quite as convenient to Piazza Navona and Trevi Fountain as the description would suggest. About 3km from each. I'm not familiar with the area but it appears to be busy, lots of traffic and a street market from Google Street View. It is only 200 metres from the Cipro-Musei Vaticani Metro.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 32
2. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Thank you, we are stil searching thé web for thé est place!

Istanbul
3. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Hi,

I hope you have not booked any apartments through Friendly Rentals. Two weeks age I booked an apartment in Florence, but the information about the position of the apartment that they had gave on their site was totally wrong. So they accepted to refund my deposit and said they were sorry. But unfortunately since 10 days they have not answered any of my mails. I sent them 7 or 8 mails, no response. Even they refunded it, they did not give me any information about it. Good luck to you!

Takapuna, New...
reviews: 34
4. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

I'm sorry to hear about your problem Gizemsakar. So, you say that they have now refunded your deposit after 10 days? That doesn't seen to be a long time to get a credit card deposit back to your cc account. I have always been happy with their service but I guess that sometimes things can go wrong. How did you find out that the position on their site was wrong? Was this when you arrived at the apartment?

I am about to book an apartment in Florence and I would like to know what apartment it was and if the web site has been corrected.

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 5
5. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Can I ask if the address was incorrect? Or was it the location on the map picture on their website? I am about to book through the same company and am now going to google map the address since reading this.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 13
6. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

We rented a Friendly Rentals apartment in Rome. No hot water, very few working light fixtures and some other problems that continued through the week we were there. Upon leaving the contact person admittet he had spent our deposit, and would not be able to pay us back. The Friendly Rentals emergency hotline person that we consequently contacted, promised that we would be compensated, if we wrote them an email describing the situation when we got back. We wrote to them three weeks ago and again a week ago and have still not received any sort of reply. Very strange company. I would like to file a formel complaint with some sort of Roman turist institution, but I'm not sure who?

Barcelona
7. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Hi FyrstIgor,

I am the marketing manager at Friendly Rentals and I am sorry to hear of your experience in Rome and your lack of response to your emails. If you could send me an email to marketing@friendlyrentals.com I will look in to this matter personally to see what has happened.

I look forward to receiving your email.

Kind regards,

Sian

Berlin, Germany
8. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

So, one would think that everything would be okay once Sian the marketing manager looked into the matter. But all it did was that we had to answer a lot of questions to matters we had already addressed in the emails we had sent to them earlier. There was a lot of stalling, empty promises, and they would constantly shift the blame to the guy owning the appartment, and refusing any responsibility of their own. Finally, after spending way too much time writing emails we were offered a small amount of money, which we felt in no way compensated us for cold showers in the wintertime, and all the other stuff that wasn't right. We declined the offer, which was small in comparison to what we paid for this cold, dark place. Later we learned that they stopped renting out the appartment, but we have never been compensated. We can't recommend Friendly Rentals to anyone.

Edited: 7:52 pm, November 22, 2012
Viera, Florida
reviews: 129
9. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

Sorry to hear of these problems. I have used Friendly Rentals twice now in Rome and had great experiences both times.

Berlin, Germany
10. Re: renting with Friendly Rentals in Rome

I am glad to hear that. I wouldn't want for anybody else to have the kind of experience we had. I guess it's all up to luck, but it shouldn't be that way. Anyone can make a mistake, but it's how you handle the situation when you have made the mistake, that shows character. There really was an unreasonable amount of "mistakes", indifference and broken promises. All happening over a long period of time, so sadly it's not just a case of a busy week or something like that. Well, Rome is a great city, and it's safe to say that there is much better options than Friendly Rentals.