We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Temperature

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
IRELAND
reviews: 8
February Temperature

We are visiting Rome next week. My wife has Reynauds and is worried that while the forecast shows 13-14degrees, it may be chilly.

Was anyone there last/this week and can advise

Thanks

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
1. Re: February Temperature

You can see how the mix we had at around the same time last year (snow, bright sunshine and eventually just a little rain) panned out, here...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/rome0210

Even when it's bright and warm in the open squares, it can be much cooler in narrow shaded streets just round the corner - and perhaps scarves and gloves, with plenty of layers and zips, are about the only way to cope with such a range?

Peter

Sacramento...
reviews: 12
2. Re: February Temperature

We just returned from 10 days in Rome (Jan 27 to Feb 5) and had great weather for this time of year. In the mid to high 50s during the day and 40s at night. It is definitely much warmer in the sun than in the shade of the buildings. I recommend dressing in a few layers (shirt, sweater, jacket) and having a hat, gloves and scarf that you put on and take off as needed.

3. Re: February Temperature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, February 06, 2011
Chicago
reviews: 49
4. Re: February Temperature

I am here now and the weather is great. I should clarify, that when I left Chicago we just had a blizzard. The sun is warm, but in shade cool. So like the others said dress is layers as you will take them off as the day progresses.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 27
5. Re: February Temperature

I'm just back, I was there last weekend. We had blue skies and sunshine, and it was very nice BUT once you were in the shade, and there are a lot of narrow streets that you will want to walk on as they are so nice, it can be quite cold.

do note there are loads of bars (dont be nervous of the small pokey little places - they love to see tourists coming in as well as the "tourist" spots (photos on the menu's are a givaway) so it's easy to get a warming cup of coffee or tea from 8am onwards (not easy before that!).

We wore shirts, light fleece tops and warm jackets, and had the jackets off 1/2 the time (when in the sun). The air was very dry which meant you warmed up very quickly when you stood in the sun.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 1
6. Re: February Temperature

Right about now it has warmed up a little, and temperatures are around where DiceDiva says. The mornings and night are really pretty chilly, but the day time is really nice, especially in the Sun. It's by no means light-jacket weather yet, but it's not too bad (especially if you are coming from pretty severe cold weather...we joke when we see people really dressed pretty light in the winter here that they must be from somewhere like Chicago/Canada/Scandinavia ;) )!

7. Re: February Temperature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 17, 2012