We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mosinee, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

We need to catch an early flight at 6am so we would need to leave our airport hotel by 3am. Our hotel's shuttle service does not run at that time of morning. Would we be able to take a taxi to the airport at that time of day? Thanks for your help.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
reviews: 16
1. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

You would definitely be able to get a taxi. I recommend calling for one though, as they may be scarce on the street.

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
2. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

Everytime that I needed to get to the airport early in the morning, I had the hotle arrange for an early taxi.

I don't think FCO opens until 5:30 am but you should check. If you are staying by the airport it shouldn't take more than 30 min to get there, and the3re is no point to getting there 2 hours before your flight if the airport itself is not open.

Mosinee, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
3. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

I hope the airport is open before 5:30am, our flight is at 6am!! Does anyone know about the airport closed at certain times of the early morning? Thanks

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
4. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

Posts at Slow travel about arriving at the FCO early in the morning.

These posts seem to indicate that the service counters for check in do not operate until 5-5:30 am

slowtalk.com/groupee/…

slowtalk.com/groupee/…

slowtalk.com/groupee/…

so you can get there as early as you want to line up, but they won't start processing passengers until then, and I am guessing that if you are in line, the flight won't leave until at least everyone in the line has been processed.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for
reviews: 12
5. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

the airport is open 24/7.

before 5.30 am, the only way in is by the last door of terminal C. The taxi driver should know, but remind him just in case.

don't worry.

Rome, Italy
6. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

As siad above.... To clear up some confusion.... the FCO airport IS open 24 hours a day. From their website (http://www.adr.it):

"At the airport there are many services available such as post-offices and meeting rooms which facilitate the passenger in his staying, before and after his flight. Rome-Fiumicino airport stays open to the public everyday 24 hours out of 24."

I have checked in for a 6 AM flight as early as 4:15 AM (flights to Bulgaria and Prague). We then went through security and crashed in the C7-C11 gate area where many people were sleeping overnight at the airport. There is limited access INTO the terminals at that time. We had to walk down to the "C Terminal" entry doors and then walk back to the B Terminal to check in. We did have to show our "electronic ticket" print-outs to the Military troops standing outside the C Terminal... not sure if that security check was because of the times of day or other "events" going on.

7. Re: Do taxis run 24 hours a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 11, 2010