We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to firenze

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
spain
reviews: 3
Train to firenze

We will take the Eurostar train from Roma to Firenze. Should we purchose the ticket in advance or we wait until we get to Roma?

Thanks Nicolas Inn.

reviews: 2
1. Re: Train to firenze

If there is not a specific time you need to be in Florence wait and buy your tickets in Rome. A day or two notice should be fine. There are typically two Eurostar an hour from Rome to Florence.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
reviews: 237
2. Re: Train to firenze

But if you definitely must be on a specific train then buy tickets now. You don't want to walk up to the ticket counter and have them tell you that all trains are booked solid except for 1 very slow local train that will get you there in only 5 hours while you enjoy standing room only on a sweltering hot day in an unairconditioned 2nd class car. Spoken from experience.

Hartlepool
reviews: 24
3. Re: Train to firenze

Me and my 3 son's (9,14and 19) took the train from Rome to Firenze and just did not know what advice to take. We turned up at the station at 10:30 on the 3rd July and had no problem what so ever getting tickets, we could have went on the Eurostar but we picked the next fastest which took 2 hours but we wanted to see Tuscany as we passed it. The cost for all of us was 78 euro each way with our seat booking included.

Just wait till you get there!!!!!!!!!! its no big deal.

Singapore
reviews: 4
4. Re: Train to firenze

Hi,

Can someone advise whether the train station to take from Rome to Florence is Termini station in Rome and alight at Florence, SMN ? (I was wonder Termini is a Metro station or a intercity station, kinda of confuse here)

Appreciate your advise. Thank you.

Been kind of confuse where to take the train from. I'm on a free and easy trip from Rome to Florence and Venice.

From Florence do I take the train from florence, SMN to Venice too ?

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Train to firenze

Yes, trains to Florence go from Termini in Rome. Termini is the main "intercity" station. It also (I think) has a Metro station attached to it, which could be why you're getting confused. And yes they do go into SMN (Santa Maria Novella) in Florence, which is also where trains to Venice (Santa Lucia is the station you want for the main bit of Venice) leave from.