We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets - coach and seat?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Umhlanga Rocks...
reviews: 2
Train tickets - coach and seat?

I am trying to buy train tickets before we leave for Italy on the

Trenitalia.com website. It is a Eurostar train, so seats are

assigned. The website asks: "Enter the carriage and seat number

beside which you wish to travel here:"

I don't have any idea about coach numbers or seat numbers, and the

selection is not a drop down type box. I have to type in the

information. Any help?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 78
1. Re: Train tickets - coach and seat?

That applies if you wish to travel next to someone else who has already reserved. If that is not the case, forget it, it's just an optional thing.

Florida
reviews: 127
2. Re: Train tickets - coach and seat?

This is a pdf of the seating chart. When you know the number of the train, you con find which train it is, for example, all 9400's trains are the 500 trains. You can input the seat number and then window or corridor so you can get those two seats, but sometimes it assigns whatever it wants. Then you have to go to your cart and delete that purchase and keep trying until you get the seats you want or settle for what they offer you.

…raileurope.com/pdf/2005_usa_version/premier…

Good luck on trenitalia.com. They denied every single credit card I tried to buy with, including debit cards. I had called all my credit cards and none of them showed any denials or blocks. So the problem is their website. If you try more than three times, they block your account. Even though they say they will reinstate it in 24 hrs if you request it, they dont, it took 4 days to have mine reinstated after two requests. I finally gave up and got my tickets somewhere else.

3. Re: Train tickets - coach and seat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 08, 2009