We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxfordshire
reviews: 1
looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

i am taking my partner on a surprise trip to rome next weekend to celebrate his 40th birthday. We have been before and stayed at Le Petit Hotel which we loved, this time I am looking for something similar but near to the Spanish Steps / Trevi Fountain. Ideally I would go for the Inn at The Spanish Steps but it is over my budget and I have checked out the Art hotel but it has terrible reviews. Am definitely looking for a boutique type hotel rather than a huge faceless one and am prepared to pay ��200 per night. Can anyone recommend please?

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 4
1. Re: looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

I'm sorry I don't know from experience but according to my new Frommer's Rome book Casa Howard and Hotel Condotti are both moderately priced, check out www.frommers.com

Good Luck!

birmingham MA
reviews: 5
2. Re: looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

We're staying at the hotel Il Piccolo di Spagna in July. It looks really nice and has had some very good reviews. Recommended rooms are either the Giotto or the Michaelangelo. If you put Piccolo in the search engine you'll get the hotel reviews on Trip Advisor.

Michigan
reviews: 6
3. Re: looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

My sons and I just returned from Rome and stayed at the Parlamento Hotel in the Spanish Steps area. We loved it!! It was very reasonably priced and we were made to feel like family. The location was EXCELLENT; within a few minutes walk to Piazza Navonna, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, etc. Best of all...nice new bathrooms with great hot water pressure and a very lovely rooftop garden where you can breakfast. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. I promise, they will take good care of you.

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 21
4. Re: looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

Casa Howard at the Capo La Case location is only a few blocks from the Spanish steps and it is a gem. The guests seem to be more mature (35-45 years old) and it is quiet except for a little street noise (which can't be avoided in these old buildings). The rooms are charming, some with a bath and others with their own private bath down the hall. There are no dining facilities in this guest house, but I have found that the food is lacking in places that offer breakfast, so that should not be a deterrent. There is a sandwich shop down the street near the church...they make the best tomato/mozerella panini sandwiches to take on the go. I still crave them.

Florida
reviews: 2
5. Re: looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

To RhiannonB - I am also booked to stay at Il Piccolo di Piazza di Spagna, but I read the last review and got a bit discouraged...

Philly Burbs
reviews: 4
6. Re: looking for reasonably priced boutique hotel near Spanish...

Take a look at the reviews for the San Carlo on this site. I have one posted and there are now a few reviews with photos, including mine as of today.