We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long did it take to get your passport?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 140
How long did it take to get your passport?

We are travelling at the end of July. Have not yet sent off for our passports. We just moved and have been extremely busy and I let it slip my mind. Anyway, I will be sure it gets done this week. Wondering if I should pay extra to expedite or do I have enough time. I do not want to be chewing my nails the last couple of weeks. I would prefer to look forward to packing and enjoy being excited without the worry. Also, both of our passports are renewals . I don't know if this makes any difference or not. What do you think?

Cumming, GA
reviews: 1
1. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

I heard on the news that it's taking 8-10 weeks now. It used to about 6 weeks last fall.

coxs creek, kentucky
reviews: 8
2. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

Suzy, I think that you will have time if you do it immediately !! Vickifloyd just had a thread on here a couple weeks ago that you can check on about this problem. Because of the changes in the passport laws, I think it is wise to assume that you will probably not get it in any less than ten weeks. We received ours in about four weeks but that was over a year ago, before the new laws took effect. The best of luck to you !!!

Boston, MA
3. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

suzybro....we just renewed our passports. We paid for the expedited service. I completed the forms and sent them with our pictures via regular mail to the Passport Agency. We received our passports exactly 4 weeks from the day I MAILED our applications out.

While I paid for expedited service I did not pay for overnight delivery either going there or coming back. About 3 weeks after the date I mailed the passports I was able to look up the status online and received it via USPS (with a tracking number) about a week later.

For my piece of mind and the safety of my nails I paid the expedited service....especially since we are traveling at the end of May.

Feel free to PM me for any more info!

Good travels!

~Alisa

Massachusetts
4. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

I applied for my passport the first week in February and just received it towards the end of last week.

So, it took 10 weeks exactly.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 75
5. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

applied in Februray around the 7th. Took 7 weeks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
6. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

I applied for my passport in November of last year. I got it the middle of February! Since a passport is mandatory, I would call maybe the post office to see if they know how long it is taking. Mine was a new passport, but my brother-in-law renewed his around the same time I submitted mine, and he got it in January, so a renewal doesn't take as long. Good luck! P.S. Once you submit, you can track it online but the dates kept changing for me. You can call them as well.

Kamloops, BC...
7. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

suzy -

Pay for the expedited service and for overnight mail. Your passports are good for ten years, so it's not such a large amount of money when you think about it from that point of view. The round trip times are getting longer and longer, and it's just not worth the worry.

Have a wonderful trip.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 140
8. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

Thanks for all the adivce. I believe I will expedite them. The peace of mind for me will be woth the expense I think. Isn't it like $165 for the expedited service or am I wrong on this?

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 21
9. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

I applied for renewals for my grandson and granddaughter. His on 2/28 hers on 3/10 . I just checked on line and hers is in the system and should be here in 10 weeks from the application date. My grandsons is not in the system yet according to the website. I would apply immediatly and expedite..Good luck.

Florida
10. Re: How long did it take to get your passport?

My daughter just applied for her renewal on March 30th, paid the fee to expedite, and received her passport via USPS Priority Mail yesterday....10 DAYS later. Her trip isn't until June 20th but we paid to expedite just to be sure. It's a relief to have it in hand and well worth the extra money IMHO.