We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ciampino- Rome centre?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 3
Ciampino- Rome centre?

Hope someone can advise please. Our plane lands a Ciampino airport 12noon. Flying with Ryanaire. There is a bus connection to Termini but the bus is at 12.30 then 2pm. Don't think we can rely on making 12.30 and don't want to wait about until 2pm. Can I get a taxi from Ciamino to hotel in rome at a reasnable price, how else do you suggest I do it! There are 2 of us, myself and daughter. Thanks.

new orleans
reviews: 1
1. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

i know a taxi from fumicino will cost around 50 euros for a group up to four. im not sure of the location of that airport.

Newcastle
reviews: 5
2. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

Hi,

My advice would be to get the Cotral Bus from just outside arrivals (it's on the left hand side outside the Departures entrance).

This will take you to Anagnina Metro for ���1 plus ���1 for any LARGE bag. Then it's another ���1 from Anagnina to anywhere on Metro system and unlimited bus travel for 75mins from the time you purchase the ticket. The journey to Termini takes about 20mins and your more-or-less guaranteed a seat cos it's the beginning of the line.

I was sceptical about the hassle of carry suitcases across Rome but it really couldn't be simpler (I wouldn't carry them on the buses - too crowded)

Rome
3. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

usually ryanair flights are on time, the only slow down is passport control if coming from the uk

if you are able to disimbark quickly and to be in front of the que at immigration you should be able to make for the 12.30 bus

if taking a taxi read the other posts in the forum to know more. it should cost less than 50 though, more in the 40 range

us
reviews: 2
4. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

Aren't those bus trips synchronized with the ryanair flights? If your plane is late, I think the bus waits; that's what happened with the bus TO cia when our ryanair departure was delayed. Just don't waste much time at atm line or bathroom at airport since the bus doesn't wait terribly long.

Newcastle upon...
5. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

Ciao! I'm in the same boat! Whilst in Rome last year I used Radio Taxi, all their drivers were helpful and friendly if dialling from UK use prefix otherwise tel 06 3570/8433/4994 or I have a email address taxiroma@tin.it , but I'm sure we'll be fine. I don't think it should be any more than 40 euro. Good luck, let me know how you get on as I wont be travelling until July

uk
6. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

hey nini74, i am going in july also

Scotland
reviews: 1
7. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

Hi - did you think there was a free bus put on by Ryan Air - I did but that doesn't i think seem to be the case. Any thoughts

uk
8. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

i believe the ryanair bus only costs about 9 euros pp. i'm just woried in case it don't wait for me! think i'll take a chance and try it though. What the hec, whats the worst that can happen!

Newcastle upon...
9. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

That's the spirit Globetrotter!! What the hec! Quando sei a Roma.... However, RealRome.com - Apartmets have just confirmed with me today that they will transfer our party of 3 from Ciampino to Navona for a total of 39.00 Euro, they use Airport Connection Services. Have a look on their website. Will your Hotel not arrange something for you? Rome in July! We must be crazy! Take a hat if you can't stand the heat! Just bought yet another Rome guide book to add to my collection of 27! Frommer's Rome, could barely put it down tonight to make dinner! Frommer also quoted the number for Radio Taxi, the one I gave yesterday. I'm off to check out the Scavi tour now!

Happy planning!

Memphis
reviews: 34
10. Re: Ciampino- Rome centre?

I have the same 12:05 arrival from London. I don't see how it would be possible to make the 12:30 bus. I know the airport is small but it seems that there is no way to get off a plane, get through passport stuff and get to the bus. Maybe I just have too many bad experiences in American airports. I'm also assuming I wouldn't be able to make the bus if I checked my bag. I have a medium sized backpack, but not sure if it is small enough to go as a carryon on Ryanair.

If someone has experience with this quick turnaround please let me know.

otherwise, I'm interested in finding out more about the Cotral Bus. Is this the city bus system? Can someone tell me where I can find information about this on the Web?

Thank you.