We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 or 3 Night stay in Pompeii?

Which Pompeii hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamworth, United...
2 or 3 Night stay in Pompeii?

Planning a weekend visit to Pompeii in Feb 2014. Not sure how long to stay for. Is 3 nights to long to spend actually in Pompeii?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Bev

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 134
1. Re: 2 or 3 Night stay in Pompeii?

Any reason you wanted to stay in Pompeii itself? Unless you're an archaeologist I can't see the point of being there for three nights. Sorrento or Naples offer more in terms of restaurants, museums and other things to do. Even if you spent eight hours at Pompeii you can pretty much cover it. There is no museum on site and huge chunks of it are closed off.

I would stay in Sorrento and just use the train to get there - it's a very easy line to navigate.

Maryland
reviews: 55
2. Re: 2 or 3 Night stay in Pompeii?

Definitely stay in Sorrento and visit Pompei for a day unless you really have to stay in the town of Pompei. 3 nights in Sorrento will be great.

reviews: 21
3. Re: 2 or 3 Night stay in Pompeii?

We stayed in pompei for a few nights when we stayed in April this year and found it to be perfect for us. We visited pompei / Herculaneum and Vesuvius during the days and then wandered into the town in the evenings for our meal. If your main reason for being in the area is to visit those sites then I don't think you can go wrong staying there.

4. Re: 2 or 3 Night stay in Pompeii?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 07, 2014