We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Paestum from Naples (cruise port)

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 148
Getting to Paestum from Naples (cruise port)

Hi, I am interested in visiting Paestum while my ship is docked in Naples, Is this feasible to do in one day and can anyone tell me the easiest and fastest way to get there. The cruise ship does not seem to have any tours in that area.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Getting to Paestum from Naples (cruise port)

The easiest and fastest way would be to use a rental car.

By public transport, you could take a tram or taxi to Napoli Centrale station and a local train to Paestum. The journey takes about 90 minutes. The station at Paestum is about half a mile from the ruins.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 134
2. Re: Getting to Paestum from Naples (cruise port)

Depends how long you have in port. I've gone there using a private car service and driver which although expensive is convenient, maximises your time at the site and is guaranteed to get you back to the ship in time. The museum at the Paestum site is not to be missed and will take some time to see as well. Use the cruisecritic site and see if anyone else on your cruise wants to go to Paestum this way and split the cost with them.

3. Re: Getting to Paestum from Naples (cruise port)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:38 pm, November 05, 2013
4. Re: Getting to Paestum from Naples (cruise port)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 07, 2014