We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

Hi,

I will be travelling with my wife from Sorrento to Capri and then Capri to Naples (all in 1 day - don't intend to spend a lot of time in Capri).

I have a train to Rome from Naples at around 8pm. What's the best way to reach the Naples train station from the Harbour (expect to reach Naples by 5-6pm)? How much would a taxi cost?

10 replies to this topic
Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
1. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

There's an Alibus for 3 Euro, last year the taxi was 12 or 15 Euro from the port to Garbaldi train station. The official white taxis are just to the right when you exit, confirm with the driver the fare - before you get in the taxi. Depending on traffic, it was less than 15 minutes to the station.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
2. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

Tram #1 direction Poggioreale goes from the stop V. Cristorofo Colombo, near Molo Beverello, 6 stops to Piazza Garibaldi, where Napoli Centrale station is located. You can buy tickets at newsagents or kiosks. Ditto R2 bus, to Piazza Garibaldi.

For tram map see urbanrail.net/eu/it/nap/tram/napoli-tram.htm - it's the green line.

Iowa
3. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

My wife and I (with daypacks) are going the same route Oct 2014. We would like to walk to the train station. What route would be the best and most scenic (and most important, the safest). Recomendations for a nice resturant along the way would be most appreciative.

St Paul, MN
reviews: 5
4. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

The ride or walk from the train station to the port us not very scenic, and the closer you get to the train station, the less scenic it gets.

Google map of Naples

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 91
5. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

@SW Iowa - best route is straight up Corso Umberto - the famous pizzeria Da Michele is just off this street.

It's safe but definitely not scenic.

If you have time I would have lunch down by Castel dell Ovo at one of the restaurants on the water - it's a short walk from the port and is a beautiful area -my favourite restaurant is Magno Pizzeria for their wood fired pizza & great pasta. Take a cab to the station after lunch.

Iowa
6. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

How far of a walk (time wise) is it to the train station via Corso Umberto? We have heard about Da Michele Pizzeria, but were afraid it is too touristy. Also, we may be getting to Naples at night time. Would the walk still be safe (my wife is a pretty tough fighter, so she says)?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 91
7. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

I'd allow about half an hour. People say Da Michele is touristy but when I was there in October I was the only English speaking tourist at that time - so it depends - if you're there at lunch with five cruise ships in at the same time then it will be like downtown New York or London. Then again, you could get lucky. Thing is, the pizza is what makes it so sought after. It's one of the best in Naples and is in a convenient spot for you. You will have to wait - be prepared for that. You'll get a ticket and have to stand outside until called and they only serve two varieties - Margherita and Marinara (by the way, the marinara has no seafood - it is named that way because of the fishermen who would take it out on their boats as it had no cheese - just tomato sauce & olive oil).

As for 'safe' I wouldn't recommend walking to the station late at night - say after 10pm. It's a really run-down, seedy dive area and just unpleasant as it is also undergoing major construction for a new rail line, so it's also a mess. Easier to take a cab.

Edited: 9:57 pm, December 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 42
8. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

A while ago now, but when we did it it was a flat €10 fee, no meter used. I think it still is a flat cost port to station but not a big amount, I think €11 but it must be agreed in advance.

see this discussion

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k6…

Manchester, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

how to get from port to San Francesco al Monte hotel

: Corso Vittorio Emanuele 328

Naples, 80135

10. Re: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?

"how to get from port to San Francesco al Monte hotel Corso Vittorio Emanuele 328"

If you are coming off a cruise ship with luggage I think a taxi is your best option. While you can get there on foot, using the funicolare to get up the hill, you'd have a half mile walk from the cruise port to the funicolare Centrale and a one-third of a mile walk from the Corso V. Emanuele funicolare station to the hotel.

If you feel you can manage your luggage for the two walks then public transit is an option for you.

Reply to: How to get to Naples train station from Naples Harbour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted