We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pompeii

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pompeii

Does anyone know the best place to stay to visit Pompeii. I want to go sometime next year. My nearest airport flies to Naples- is that pretty close?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 14
1. Re: Pompeii

It's very close but you might want to stay in Positano and take the train to Pompeii. Naples is a nice city but it's not for everyone.

Donna

2. Re: Pompeii

Thanks. I will look into that.

3. Re: Pompeii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:05 pm, September 08, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 136
4. Re: Pompeii

Naples or Sorrento are probably your best options for ease of access to the train line direct to Pompeii.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 14
5. Re: Pompeii

Sorry, I meant Sorrento and not Positano. It's at the end of the commuter line and makes the trip very easy.

Donna

Maryland
reviews: 56
6. Re: Pompeii

Yes fly into Naples airport and take the airport bus to Sorrento to stay in Sorrento. The local train from Sorrento going to Naples goes through Pompei and you will get off at Pompei Scavi stop. The entrance to the ruins is just a very short walk from this stop. The train ride from Sorrento to Pompei is about 30 minutes.

Edited: 8:49 pm, September 07, 2013
7. Re: Pompeii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 09, 2014