We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report June 2012

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
reviews: 39
Trip Report June 2012

We have sadly just left Ischia, an island which we were tempted to explore thanks to the wonderful and enthusiastic posts from Peter (A-Brit_in_Ischia) on these forums

Firstly Ischia was everything we were hoping and more, we are so glad we stayed here and did not spend the time in Amalfi, Positano etc. (which were fine for a few day trips the week prior)

We stayed at the Miramare eCastello (reviewed elsewhere) and explored most of the island by Scooter which we hired for 20E per day. I travelled with my teenage son and together we enjoyed a wonderful day at Negombo, a day trip to Procida, another day trip to Sant'Angelo and surrounds and many explorations around Cassmiciola and Forio.

I found that a scooter was the easiest way to get around (I ride a motorbike in Australia so perhaps would not recommend this method for those who have never ridden a motorbike before or anyone potentially carrying a faint-hearted passenger - rules? what rules? ) but there is an excellent bus system for those who choose to stay close to the bus routes.

Ischia is known as the "green island" and it definitely is that.. Wonderful local produce and less "touristy" in feel than many other places in this region. Perfetto!

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Trip Report June 2012

Glad to read it all went so well - I've waited to check your reviews, just to be sure!!

Thought you might enjoy these - some snaps from yesterday's festa for Saint Anthony, the patron of the island's fishermen...

pbase.com/isolaverde/sap2012&view=slideshow

Peter

2. Re: Trip Report June 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Isola d'Ischia