We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

Brighton, United...
reviews: 27
car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

Hi

Does anyone know the name of the car ferry which runs between Naples and Ischia in August, and roughly what it might cost for a car and 5 passengers. Many thanks

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
1. Re: car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

Caremar and Medmar are the two ferry lines - see here for details...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/110236626

Sorry though, no idea of rates - but it will cost slightly more then than at present!

Peter

Isola d'Ischia...
2. Re: car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

Bells began to ring eventually - and I've found this, which may give an idea of fares, although you can be fairly sure of them being somewhat higher in mid-summer this year!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187784-i779-k34…

Something to work from?

Peter

Brighton, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

Hi Peter

Many thanks for your help again this year, your advice last year on Rome was great, so we're off again to visit family in Puglia in August but are looking for 4 nights Ischia or Procida. Taking 3 kids again so we're hiring car at Airport and hoping to get car ferry, as we're having 4 large suitcases etc . Will check out ferry companies, you've been a great help so many thanks, Sally

Isola d'Ischia...
4. Re: car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

My pleasure!

Be sure to avoid the newly-extended ZTL area in Naples....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/142204079

... perhaps by instead driving from the airport to Pozzuoli, the other mainland port from where both ferry lines come over?

It's a few miles further to drive but avoids both the restricted area and the city traffice - although things can be a bit manic there.

Interesting place though, if it turns out you've a wait for your crossing...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/flegrei

In August it's very probably best to book, although I'm not sure of the exact procedure - with a hire car whose make and number you may not have....?

P

Edited: 10:41 am, March 26, 2012
5. Re: car ferry from Naples to Ischia in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Isola d'Ischia