We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Mamela

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Hotel Mamela

Is anyone familiar with this hotel? Any comments, good are bad, would be welcome. Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 86
1. Re: Hotel Mamela

You may want to visit www.caprionline.com to check out the hotel. It may have pictures, location, etc.

Santa Monica, CA
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotel Mamela

I stayed at this hotel in June 2004. I am in the process of making reservations for summer 2005 at the Mamela. I found out about this hotel from a friend of a friend. My family(2 adults - 2 10 year olds) had a room without a ocean view. The ocean view rooms are for 2 or 3 people. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. Great breakfast included with room rate. Mostly Italians at hotel and a few American regulars who have been coming back for years. Kids are not allowed at the pool between 10-2. The location is about a 7 minute walk from the funicular. I think you can only contact the hotel by phone or fax. I don't have numbers with me. You can email me at john.coon@wamu.net and I will provide them to you. We stay for 5 nights.

TO, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotel Mamela

I am also interested in booking this hotel, but don't know too much about it. I went to their Web site at www.hotelmamela.com and sent them an e-mail and they got back to me with their availablity and rates.

Chicago, Il
reviews: 3
4. Re: Hotel Mamela

Had a fantastic experience at Hotel Mamela in Sept. 2004. The view from the pool is *breathtaking*. Our room was very large and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious. The hotel is in a terrific location. Highly recommended.

New York
5. Re: Hotel Mamela

I am also planning on staying at Hotel Mamela in May, but it's very difficult to find reviews. Has anyone been and, if so, would you please share your experience?

New York
6. Re: Hotel Mamela

I am also thinking about staying at this hotel in May. It's rather difficult to find reviews on the hotel. Has anyone else been and, if so, can you share your experience?

Los Angeles
reviews: 5
7. Re: Hotel Mamela

My husband and I stay at this hotel every year, except for last year, and made a mistake by staying at La Residenzia...What where we thinking?.......The Hotel Mamela is far superior if you are looking for a boutique hotel, with regulars that come every year, and the beauty is they are mostly Italians! (no Americans) The charming pool and surroundings are so very cheery, light and bright. You definitly are getting the best of all worlds without the snobbiness, with quality furnishings and lovely public areas. Their breakfast is not so vast, but it is definitly addequate. The family that run this property are absolutely adorable, and very helpful in any possible way.

We cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is really the best kept secret in Capri, in comparison to all the rest that we have personally seen or have been a past quest with.