We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach...
reviews: 17
Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

I've looked at the time tables, the costs and all that. We plan on staying on the island throughout the day and heading back to Sorrento around supper time to see Sorrento at night. One thing I cannot find on the ferry website is, are the tickets round trip or no?

We will be going Sept 2012.

Thanks!

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
1. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

No, they are not round trip. I've been several times in September, literally bought my ticket 15 minutes before departure and never had a problem. They run on a frequent basis in September.

Have a wonderful time on Capri and in Sorrento. I always ended my day trips sitting at one of the establishments in Piazzo Tasso and soaking up the atmosphere.

Long Beach...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

Thank you so much! I'm trying to add up all my potential costs and now I know.

Woo hoo!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 36
3. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

Buy a return ticket at the same time that you buy your outward ticket. It will save time standing in line when you are ready to return.

Also, get a very early start. We didn't arrive on Capri until around 11 am and were disappointed that we didn't get to see all that we wanted to.

Scroll down in the Capri forum and you will find lots of posts about what to see and do on Capri in one day.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
4. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

Check www.capri.net to see what your choices are for how to spend your time on the island.

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

For ferry times, these are easy places to get an idea of what's available...

S to C: www.capri.net/en/ferry-schedule?path_id=14

C to S: www.capri.net/en/ferry-schedule?path_id=8

... although personally I'd confirm anything found there with the individual operator's website or ticket office!

However you should wait until MUCH MUCH nearer the time, as the services in September aren't the same as what you'd see now. That said, there's never anything particularly late on that route, and you'd almost certainly be leaving Capri well before 8PM.

There may be others during the season, but the only two that run at this time of year are here:

www.gescab.it/linee/DettaglioLinea.asp?idli=1

and here:

www.caremar.it/AreaPasseggeri.aspx…

Allow €15 each way per person, and have patience!

Peter

Edited: 3:19 am, January 03, 2012
Campagnano di Roma...
reviews: 52
6. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

You can buy a round trip ticket at the Caremar ticket office at the port of Sorrento if you want to use the fast ferry boat (25 min.). There are only four ferry runs so you may be better off using one of the more expensive hydrofoil (20 min.) companies which also have their ticket windows at the port. Both the ferry and one of the hydrofoils have a return run in the 6-6:30 time frame. You can check out the schedules and prices a few days ahead of time on www.capritourism.com but keep in mind that schedules can change from day to day in September as the season starts to wind down after mid-month. Feel free to check with me again closer to your travel date.

Edited: 3:40 am, January 03, 2012
Los Angeles...
reviews: 169
7. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

Make sure you bring cash to the port in Sorrento! I assumed there would be an ATM nearby (they don't accept credit card), there wasn't and I had to climb 365846258 flights of stairs back up to the town square to find an ATM.

8. Re: Ferry from Sorrento to Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, January 07, 2013