We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri in October

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin, ireland
reviews: 11
Capri in October

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip to Capri in October - I'm pregnant so I think a nice relaxing break is needed to prep me for the birth at the end of January!

We would be staying for a week and wonder if anyone has some good advice as to where we should stay.

We'd like somewhere that's not too expensive (probably a tall order in Capri, I know!) - maybe a small romantic hotel seeing as how it'll probably be our last trip for a while as a 'couple' rather than a 'family'...We don't have an exact budget in mind but I suppose about €100 a night would be ok.

I've never been to Capri before so any ideas or tips at all would be v helpful.

Thank you!! Nic

dublin, ireland
1. Re: Capri in October

Hello again, back with the name of a hotel that looks nice on the web and good price too - what is thought of the hotel La Minerva? Is the location good? thanks

UK
reviews: 6
2. Re: Capri in October

Hi enic,

Hotel La Minerva seems to have all good reviews on this website - click on the name in the left hand column alongside here - where it says Capri Hotels - it might be under 'More Capri Hotels'....

Have you worked out how you are getting to Capri from the airport ? I've never found Capri relaxing - as it's always been full of tourists during the day, at least. I prefer the larger island of Ischia.... where you can get hot spring water baths - and mud baths there too - a little pampering might be in order...

And, I also think a quiet hotel in the Sorrento suburbs (Sant'Agnello, perhaps) might be better - easier to travel around the area from there - with trains, buses and ferries/hydrofoils available. And better if there are any medical emergencies.... If you're in Capri or Ischia - you have a sea journey each time, and the ferries don't work if it's rough. Hope you have a great holiday, Best wishes, Nolana

Capri, Italy
3. Re: Capri in October

in october capri is relaxing, forget those many people!!!

the minerva seems to be ok, some friends who come to capri since many years have been there since last year and they found it very good.

dublin, ireland
4. Re: Capri in October

Thanks Nolana - Ischia sounds lovely too - maybe we could do a day trip there from Capri? I'm not going to even contemplate the medical emergency scenario - nothing is going to ruin this holiday!!! (Ok maybe I'm being a little optimistic!)

Giovanni, are there other small hotels that might be better than La Minerva?

Thanks both of you for your help!

Capri, Italy
5. Re: Capri in October

no way! i think that what you pay there has no compare on the island! they are going to ask for a fourth star as far as i know, so maybe you can experience a 4 star value for the price of a 3 one by this year.

ciao

dublin, ireland
6. Re: Capri in October

that's great...thanks v much for your help..think I might just make the booking soon - can't wait! N

Newry, N. Ireland
reviews: 6
7. Re: Capri in October

Just back yesterday from Capri - stayed at La Minerva - excellent hotel - price Euro 195.00 for superior room which was lovely with a terrace leading from room. They bring breakfast to your terrace and set up table with lovely white tablecloth - you just ring from your room and they arrive in 5 minutes - excellent service. (No extra charge for this). Teriffic views from terrace. They arranged to leave our luggage to the boat - also they can book tickets for your return journey, saves you waiting at kiosk for tickets. Away from the main streets Capri is beautiful - 2 minutes away from the centre - lovely walks and great scenery. Capri at night is lovely.

We travelled to Capri from Dublin/Naples - got a taxi at the airport (32 euros) to docks - then ferry to Capri.