We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri v. Anacapri

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
reviews: 2
Capri v. Anacapri

I;m traveling to Capri for a few days in July, first time.

Looking at the map showing the hotels, I'm having a hard time because I don't really know the difference between Capri and Anacapri.

Which part of the island would be better suited for a mid 20's female traveling alone? I'm interested in going out, bars, etc, and want to stay somewhere that is in walking distance of either those things or the beach.

Also, is it even possible to find accomadations for less than $100 US per night? I don't need anything fancy at all, just a bed.

New York, NY
reviews: 8
1. Re: Capri v. Anacapri

Finding what you are looking for is going to be very difficult. Capri is an expensive island and the weak US Dollar makes it worse. A Coke in bar, or club, or in the Piazzetta can cost US $8. A day at a beach club with lunch can cost $US 100 per person.

Capri, Italy
2. Re: Capri v. Anacapri

For a girl her age shouldn't be a problem to find who offers her a drink, so, one problem less to care about, the big problem is to find an hotel in her budget, I'll say go give a look at La Tosca that is same quality of a 3 stars one but with a too small hall to get the deserved stars, it's very near the center, quiet, with a nice view and walking distance is no more than 3-4 minutes from main square (I live a few hundred meters before toward the center, so, I can grant for that!).

g

3. Re: Capri v. Anacapri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 17, 2009