We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help!!!

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newburyport...
reviews: 11
Please Help!!!

I hope somone can please help me with this. Here is the situation. My husband and I leave for Italy in 2 weeks.

May 15-May17: Sant Agnello

May 17-May 18: Capri

May 18-May 25: Rome

On May 18th, we need to check into our B&B in Rome no later than 2 pm because after that, there will be no one to let us into the place. We will be arriving to Rome from Capri. Is it possible to get from Capri to Rome by 2 pm? Or should we remain in Sant Agnello/Sorrento area or even Naples for the night of the 17th? Any suggestions?

Thanks Lacole

California
reviews: 1
1. Re: Please Help!!!

Are you driving, taking the train a bus????

You should be able to get off the island early enough to get to Rome by 2 pm. From Sorrento or Naples, Rome is roughly 3 hours away.

TO be honest, I am not sure why you are even doing Capri for such a short time. If you are only staying one night and having to leave so early the next day, you are only getting a few hours there to begin with.

Newburyport...
2. Re: Please Help!!!

We will be taking the train. The only reason we will be in Capri for that night is because we will have free lodging at the Marriot there otherwise we would stay in Sorrento.

Thank you so much for your feedback

Lacole

Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Please Help!!!

The ferry from Capri to Naples is about a 30 min. ride. Once at the port in Naples you'll need to take a taxi to the train station - that will take you about 20-25 min., depending on traffic (which can be insane). The train from Naples to Rome is about a 2 hr. trip.

If you leave early in the morning from Capri you will probably just make it. Good Luck!

Capri, Italy
4. Re: Please Help!!!

trains from napoli to rome are pretty frequent, they take from 1,30 to 2 hours, there is a train, more or less, every hour, go to www.trenitalia.it and check the timetable yourself.

no need to hurry, you will make it with no stress!!!

g

Newburyport...
5. Re: Please Help!!!

Thank you all for easing my worries

6. Re: Please Help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 31, 2009