We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average cost

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York
Average cost

We are going to Sorrento in June and would be most grateful if anyone could give me an idea of how much the average cost of a glass of wine and a pint of beer is please?

Many thanks

4 replies to this topic
Durham
reviews: 17
1. Re: Average cost

Hi

Supermarkets are by far the cheapest and we tend to have an glass on the balcony before the meal. A bottle of wine can be bought as low as 1 Euro and it's surprisingly quite quaffable. A bottle of decent quality Chianti or the local and superb Lacrima Christi can be bought for as little as 3 or 4 Euros but if you want real top quality you obviously have to pay extra. A bottle of Beer can also be bought for about 1 Euro a bottle.

The same bottle of beer can cost roughly 3 or 4 Euros in a bar or restaurant, sometimes more but you are paying for the seat etc. This is totally from memory but I tend to buy a full litre of draught beer in the bars because it works out cheaper and I think it's about 9 or 10 Euros. Generally speaking, wine can be cheaper than beer and one of my favourite cafes on the Marina Grande, Bagni St Anna, sells a half litre of house wine for about 5 Euros. To sum up then, I would say, on average, a pint of good quality draught beer in a bar is roughly 5 or 6 Euros and a glass of wine is roughly 3 or 4 Euros. If anyone else has a better memory than me please feel free to correct me.

Eddie

dublin
2. Re: Average cost

A pint of Guinness in Chaplin's is six euro.

York
3. Re: Average cost

Many thanks for your replies

dublin
4. Re: Average cost

You're welcome.

Come and enjoy.

Reply to: Average cost
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted