We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrie
reviews: 3
Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

We'll be basing ourselves in Sorrento. As of now we got a day planned for Naples/Pompeii, and a trip across to Capri and Ishia. That will leave us with one full free day... Wondering if a day trip to Positano/Amalfi is possible with that time frame to walk a the "Walk of Gods" and perhapes a quick tour through both villages? Thinking of taking the ferry either on the way there or on the way back to get that beautiful view from the sea.

Looking for any relevent suggestions on how to plan the day.

Thanks

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

Are you thinking of both Ischia and Capri in just one day? Not really possible.

Barrie
2. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

No, spending 2 nights in Capri, and a day trip to Ischia.... I'm just looking for input on my one free day to see anything that isn't already scheduled.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

Oh - good to have two nights there; it is lovely.

For the AC, I think would take the ferry to Positano, do the hike, then ferry to Amalfi and explore - if you have any time, go up to Ravello though I think you will be running out of time by then (the bus from Amalfi up to Ravello takes 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic, so one hour round trip). If the weather is gorgeous that day, making time to go up is a good idea as the views are stunning from up there.

Then ferry from Amalfi back to Sorrento. But, if taking ferries - your time on the ground is limited because you can't start your day really early and end it at night given the ferry schedules. I think the two villages plus the hike may be all one can do -

England
reviews: 5
4. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

Last week we used the Sita bus to Positano then on to Amalfi. Took the bus up to Ravello and back. Got the bus back from Amalfi to Sorrento at about 6.30pm. Would have loved to have taken the boat, however last one back from Amalfi leaves at 4.35 I think so it doesnt give you a lot of time, bearing in mind the first bost from Sorrento to Positano/ Amalfi leaves about 10.:30.am.

Bus trip along the coast was great, we loved it.

Barrie
5. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

Great, thanks everyone.

I think we will skip the Ferry ride and take the Sita bus as BeeEngland mentioned, and will sneak in Ravello as Momcat1992 says its well worth it. We'll be taking the Ferry to Capri, as well as a day trip to Ischia, so hopefully that view will do the coast justice.

Minneapolis...
6. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

Is it reasonable to arrive in Naples by ferry and take the train to Pompeii for a half day tour? Can we then go on to Salerno by train?

7. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:39 am, September 09, 2013
Barrie
8. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

BeeEngland,

What time did you leave in the morning to catch the Sita Bus to Positano, and do you leave from the train station? Also, does the bus go to Naples from Sorrento? I'm thinking of leaving our luggage at our accomodations in Sorrento for the day, come back on our way through, pick up luggage and head to Naples for the evening as we have an early train to catch to Tuscany.

Thanks

9. Re: Day trips along the Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 11, 2014