We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 9
3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

Hello all, I have 3 nights in Sorrento lined up for the end of July, I am arriving in Napoli Centrale from Florence. I understand its best to buy tickets at the station for short journeys but I'm unsure if I am able to catch a train to Sorrento from Napoli Centrale? If not where would do the trains depart?

Also, recommendations on either Capri or Amalfi Coast would be great as we only have enough time for one or the other.

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: 3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

There is the local train, Circumvesuviana, to Sorrento from Napoli Centrale (there is a lot of information about this and other issues on the Sorrento forum - look through threads to find out some of what you want to know about Sorrento).

Just go downstairs at Napoli Centrale - you cannot miss the signs for the local train - buy ticket, less than five euros. It will take approximately 60-70 minutes to Sorrento. This is a local train that locals use to go about their daily lives so it makes quite a lot of stops.

For Capri, you can look over www.capri.net

For the AC - again, look through some of the many threads on the Amalfi Coast villages forums - lots of info there.

London, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: 3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

Thanks alot, very helpful info. Would you recommend the Almalfi Coast over Capri? Capri seems it would be easier to get too.

New York
reviews: 28
3. Re: 3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

Capri and the Amalfi Coast are both amazing destinations. As MomCat suggested read up on both and see which one calls out to you more.

Lommel, Belgium
reviews: 19
4. Re: 3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

it's a heartbreaking choice to choose between those two options. they are both lovely :)

5. Re: 3 Nights in Sorrento, need travel advice from Naples.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2014