We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Pompei to Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saugerties
reviews: 5
Drive from Pompei to Sorrento

How difficult is the drive from Pompei to Sorrento? I have zoomed in on Mapquest and it certainly isn't as bad as Sorrento to Amalfi. Has anyone driven on S145 in this direction.

Thanks

Brownsburg-Chatham...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Drive from Pompei to Sorrento

i just did it on a bus tour. It took about 80 minutes because we hit some traffic first getting into Sorrento. Other than that it went pretty smoothly

sorrento
2. Re: Drive from Pompei to Sorrento

It normally takes 30 minutes. The drive is just a little winding, bur the road is wide and easy. Only the part from the archaeological site to the next 2 or 3 miles needs your attention. (by the way, make sure your doors are locked at the traffic light a mile away from the site!-the only one the way..."better to be safe than sorry")

Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 115
3. Re: Drive from Pompei to Sorrento

Take the train. Under 30 minutes and the station is at the gates into Pompei. Trying to drive in a car is a nightmare. If you are an experienced biker ( and I meen experienced) get yourslf a bike or scooter it's the only way to travel around the Bay of Naples. I've been doing it since 1965. As they say, "When in Naples!"

maryland
4. Re: Drive from Pompei to Sorrento

Definitely take the train.