We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

As things always seem to happen in the best laid plans so they have happened to me. I was to have met my daughter at the Naples airport and we were to proceed to Sorrento with a driver who has been assigned to transport us. Unfortunately her travel agent managed to get us to Naples at two different times so I will be needing a reliable driver to transport just myself a day later than originally planned. Can anyone help me with suggestions on how to find such a driver? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Oswego, New York
reviews: 3
1. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Have you tried your hotel in Sorrento? I booked a car to pick us up at the airport. Just provided them with flight information and then need to confirm a few days before arrival.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 41
2. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Hi,

We have booked www.seahorsecarservice.com for our transfer this summer. We have used them before on a couple of occasions. The price they quoted was less than going though our hotel.

We have also used www.johnnystourservice.com, again really good and reasonable.

Hope this helps.

NikkiJ

Sorrento
3. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

There are several options:

Private driver: there are so many De Martino, Amalficar, Aldo taxi, Cuomo, Fiorentino, they are all local and reliable...

Taxis from Naples: still a lat option (keep in the pocket), they do carry a flat rate approved by the town hall to bring you to Sorrento, but a private driver is one of the most reliable in terms of private drivers. (But it is good to know just in case)

Curreri Bus: there is a bus (like travel touring bus) that travels from Naples Airport to Sorrento and v.v.. Here is the information on a piece I added on Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelHome

g187782-c86238/Sorrento:Italy:Bus.To.From.Naples.Airport.html

Just one more thing, should you arrive after hours (around 8pm and after, or on weekends and holidays), the private vehicles and taxis are allowed to charge surcharges or fees. IThis is important to know depending on your flight time.

Hope this can help you.

Take Care

Cinthya

MA
reviews: 2
4. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Hi, We recently returned from 2 weeks in Italy--one spent in Positano. We used Ginacarlo from www.tourofitaly.com for our roundtrip transfers between Naples and Positano. He had to go to the airport twice to pick us up as Eurofly Airlines cancelled our flight from JFK to Naples and told him when he called to check on our arrival time, that we were arriving on time! We were very glad to see him 24 hours later than we had anticipated arriving. He drives a roomy, immaculate Mercedes van and speaks fantastic English. Departing the following week, he took us first to Herculaneum and then to the airport. As we were thanking him for all of the extra service, he presented us with a bottle of Lemoncello to take to Sicily with us. A sweet ending to a wonderful week.

el dorado hills
reviews: 1
5. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

We used Aldo Taxi last Oct. He met us at the gate and took use to his taxi. Its a Benz and real comfiy. We had arranged to visit Mt Vesuvius on our way to Sorrento. Sent a couple of hours there. What views. Aldo is very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information about the area on our way to Sorrento. We also had him take us on a tour of the amalifi coast and Paestum. It was a long memorable day and would highly recommend. We went to pompeii and capri on our own. Both great days. Aldo tooks us back to Naples for our trip to Rome. I would highly recommend him and his company. John

Sorrento
6. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Sorry I just realized the link before did not work. From curreri bus from Airport:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187782-c86238/Sorren…

As you saw, these drivers are gems. To be honest with you, I have never heard anything bad about any of them. I only hear good comments. Sorrentine Hospitality ! (It is a tresure to hear such great comments)

Take Care

Cinthya

London, United...
7. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

I used Luigi who you can contact at luigi@amalficoastlimos.com

he speaks good English, has a spacious Mercedes car and is a very safe and realiable driver.

Before I moved out here I used to use him for all my trips. I still use him occasionally, but have recently began driving myself around, the roads are fantastic over here.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 88
8. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

Agree that it might be an option to contact your accommodation to obtain a price for a private transfer - in our experience anything from 75 - 100 euros one way for 2 people.

Can also recommend Autoservizi De Martino.

www.autoservizidemartino.com

E-Mail: admlimo@tiscalinet.it

Met at the Airport with your name on a sign, nice air conditioned Mercedes, English speaking friendly driver. We paid 75 euros one way last year.

berlin
9. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

We used Giuseppe De Toro last May.We had arranged to visit the Amalfi Coast.Giuseppi is very knowledgeable and give us a lot of information about the area. We also had him take us on a tour to Pompei and Herculaneum. It was a long memorable day and would highly recommend.Frank

10. Re: Help with finding a driver from Naples Airport to Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 22, 2009