We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sita bus timetable

Which Salerno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 3
Sita bus timetable

www.sitabus.it/official-sita-timetables/

Trying to get the table time for Salerno > Praiano. Neither destination is in the list. Are they called something else? Looking for the 27th of Oct.

22 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
11. Re: Sita bus timetable

So we need 3 bus tickets and a coach.

2 bus tickets going there. 1 coming back.

Is it possible to purchase all 3 bus tickets when we arrive in Salerno? Saves us purchasing a ticket early in the morning unless we can pay on the bus?

Can I pre purchase the coach trip to Naples airport?

Brentwood, United...
reviews: 2
12. Re: Sita bus timetable

You pick up the coach outside Sorrento station , same place as you get off the other bus. Definately book your place on-line for the coach to the airport.

On SITA buses the driver does not sell tickets. You have to buy them in advance at the Ticket Office or 'shop' which sells them , few Euros but cost varies with distance. Good idea to buy your three tickets at the Salerno ticket office.

Remember to validate them for each journey when you actually get on the bus.

When you are in Praiano the local bus you just pay the driver, it goes down to Positano.

Edited: 4:25 am, August 20, 2014
Brentwood, United...
13. Re: Sita bus timetable

Apparently there is no ticket office at Salerno station. see this Thread regarding where to buy your bus tickets.

Travel agents inside the station.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187781-i1671-k7…

Sydney, Australia
14. Re: Sita bus timetable

So if I have this correct:

Rome > Praiano will be boarding the bus at Salerno station.

Praiano > Naples airport will be going to Sorrento and changing to a coach to the airport.

What's this?

UNICO COSTIERA 90-minute ticket (3.40 Euro), or the UNICO COSTIERA 24-hr. ticket (6.80 Euros), or the UNICO COSTIERA 3-day ticket (16 Euros). According to the plan and the bus trips we should get the 3 day bus ticket?

Does this sound ok?

3 nights in Praiano

Day 1: Arrive approx 4pm FREE

Day 2: Bus to Ravello and hike to Atrani/Amalfi - bus back to Praiano

Day 3: Bus to Amalfi - Path of Gods - bus to Positano - window shop - Capri

Day 4: Leave for Naples

Day 3 seems jam packed and we have an early start on Day 4. Is it possible to hike from Ravello to Amalfi and do the Path of Gods in the same day? Frees up Day 3 for Positano and Capri.

Edited: 9:59 am, August 20, 2014
Sydney, Australia
15. Re: Sita bus timetable

Also where would I book the coach online from Sorrento to the airport? I checked out www.curreriviaggi.it/inglese/E_index.html but there's no option to purchase.

Brentwood, United...
16. Re: Sita bus timetable

UNICO COSTIERA 90-minute ticket (3.40 Euro), or the UNICO COSTIERA 24-hr. ticket (6.80 Euros), or the UNICO COSTIERA 3-day ticket (16 Euros). According to the plan and the bus trips we should get the 3 day bus ticket?

Check when you buy your tickets at Salerno it might be worth it . Actually you want tickets for your other days to Amalfi and back also to Bomerango so it should be worthwhile .

No way can you get to Capri on that day ! It is an all day trip not too many ferries . You will have to choice between Capri or Path of the Gods. I would go for the walk . Not very impressed with Capri.

In regard to the coach to Naples airport I agree you cannot book or pay on-line they just run the service like a bus route. Just make sure you are there on time..

So it is now Rome - Salerno Train Salerno - Amalfi Bus Amalfi - Praiano Bus

Praiano - Sorrento Bus Sorrento - Naples Airport Coach

Out of interest what is your remaining Itinerary now I have rather lost track of your plans ?

Edited: 10:31 am, August 20, 2014
Sydney, Australia
17. Re: Sita bus timetable

I'm feeling a bit unsettled with buying tickets on the bus to the airport. It's the only bus we can take to make it to the airport on time and what if the bus is full? Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

You mean what's remaining after getting to Naples airport? Amalfi Coast is actually our last stop in Europe. We fly out to Malaysia (2 nights) then head home to Sydney.

Thank you so much for your input. You've been of great help!

Sydney, Australia
18. Re: Sita bus timetable

Just tying ends and noticed I'm missing a bus from Praiano > Ravello. I've checked the bus timetables and I can't even locate Ravello as a stop.

I'd really like to fit this all in and have noted it's not possible at all. Is there anyway to start early on Day 2, check out the gardens and do the hike from Ravello > Amalfi. Wander around Amalfi then knock down Path of Gods on the same day then bus it back to Praiano?

That leaves the next day free to bus from Praiano > Positano to wander around and maybe in Capri.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
19. Re: Sita bus timetable

To get to Ravello, you need to take the bus to Amalfi, then change buses to go up to Ravello. The Path of the Gods actually starts above Ravello, in Bomerano. You hike from Bomerano to the town of Nocelle, which is above Positano. You then take the bus or the stairs down from Nocelle to Positano. You would then take the "interno" bus from Positano to Praiano.

IMO you do not have time to go to Capri with your current schedule, as it is a full day trip. And depending on weather, the ferries to Capri may not be running from Positano.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
reviews: 20
20. Re: Sita bus timetable

Here is the SITA schedule that includes Amalfi to Ravello: sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5110.pdf

There are two bus lines that run between Positano and Praiano: SITA and Flavio Gioia. The Flavio Gioia bus that runs from Positano to Praiano will say "Praiano" and departs from Piazza Mulini. If you google "Flavio Gioia Positano bus" you should be able to find their Facebook page which shows the current timetable for their three routes: Positano Interno (within Positano only), Montepertuso-Nocelle, and Positano-Praiano-Positano. Note the easternmost stop on the Positano-Praiano line is "Praia" which is just above the beach at Marina la Praia.

Reply to: Sita bus timetable
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted