We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Town of Amalfi

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint John, Canada
reviews: 44
Walking in Town of Amalfi

Same as my Positano question. I am wondering if anyone has a suggested walking route for someone that will be spending about 4 hours in Almalfi? I want to make sure I see the main and unique sights if possible. Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 50
1. Re: Walking in Town of Amalfi

it is very small but to fill in 4 hours go to the Info Booth at the Porto and ask for the map.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
2. Re: Walking in Town of Amalfi

If you walk along the main (well, the one) road that runs through the town (away from the sea going inland - you can't miss it), there will be nice shops, cafes, galleries, the beautiful cathedral - but, if you just keep following that road, you will reach an old paper mill and find yourself in some very lush area with lots of trees, etc - the map you get will show all this - couldn't be easier to find anything in any of these places given the tiny size of the villages.

You can also just enjoy a nice walk along the beach/harbor/seaside -

I also suggest that if your guidebook doesn't include this basic information, you should get another guidebook.

Edited: 10:32 am, February 14, 2014
Reply to: Walking in Town of Amalfi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted