We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Amalfi Coast, Italy travel to Dubrovnik or Santorini?

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aldie, Virginia
reviews: 4
from Amalfi Coast, Italy travel to Dubrovnik or Santorini?

Hello,

I am planning a trip with a girlfriend for upcoming June and we definitely want to spend a week around the Amalfi Coast. From there we are considering a week in either Dubrovnik or Santorini. Both seem beautiful but as we are two women traveling alone is one safer than the other? I have been drawn to Croatia but am uncertain if travel there will be more challenging.

Which will be more rewarding?

Thank you,

Ingrid

3 replies to this topic
South Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: from Amalfi Coast, Italy travel to Dubrovnik or Santorini?

Both are beautiful destinations to visit and being popular as they are, you will be safely amongst fellow overseas visitors.

Bus Amalfi to Sorrento sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

Bus Sorrento to Naples airport www.curreriviaggi.it

Flights Naples to Santorini www.volotea.com

Or trains Sorrento to Naples www.eavcampania.it Naples to Fiumicino Aeroporto www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times.

Flights Rome to Dubrovnik www.croatiaairlines.com

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.santorini.net

www.tzdubrovnik.hr

Virginia
reviews: 1
2. Re: from Amalfi Coast, Italy travel to Dubrovnik or Santorini?

I would feel comfortable traveling to either alone. The real question is one of logistics. How much time do you have? Can you fly into Naples and home from Dubrovnik or Athens?

You could fly to Dubrovnik from Rome, or take a ferry from Bari. #1 gave you some options of getting to Santorini. But I just rarely hop around like that when I travel, I would be more likely to maximize my time and pick another destination in Italy. Which one will be more rewarding will determine what you are seeking, with Santorini offering caldera views and I assume fantastic food, and Dubrovnik offering a beautiful setting. I do not recommend an entire week in Dubrovnik, however, as it is very small and can be overloaded with cruise passengers during the day. There are many islands nearby that you could combine with Dubrovnik.

Aldie, Virginia
reviews: 4
3. Re: from Amalfi Coast, Italy travel to Dubrovnik or Santorini?

Thank you both for your time and advice:)

Reply to: from Amalfi Coast, Italy travel to Dubrovnik or Santorini?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted