We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 5
Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Trying to figure out what is the fastest, most reliable and cost effective way to get from Amalfi to Naples Airport next September.

My husband and I will be catching a flight around 12pm to Milan. Suggestions appreciated.

Sorrento
reviews: 13
1. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

A private transfer is eur 90.00 for 2. The alternative is to catch a bus to Sorrento and then a train or another bus to Naples.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
2. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Those three things don't go together - the fastest and most reliable way is a private car service, which is the most expensive; I would guess the rate to be around 120-140 euros (depending on which service you use and what new rates are enacted next year).

It takes about 2.25-2.5 hours (again, depending on traffic, which at that time of year is very heavy). It can, and has, taken longer if the road is especially packed or there is an incident of some sort (also not unheard of).

The SITA bus from Amalfi is available down by the harbor. You could take that bus to Sorrento (about 1-1.25 hours), then the local train from Sorrento to Naples (about 70 minutes - this is a commuter train service for the locals that makes many stops) - then you would have to get to the airport from the Naples train station which would take about 20 minutes. You could take a taxi or bus from the train station to the airport.

To be there by 10 a.m. (2 hours pre-departure time of your flight), I'd leave around 7 or 7:30 a.m. just to be sure.

The thing about the AC is that it is just a two lane road (one lane going in each direction) and if something happens to stall things, it can be a real problem. One year, there was a storm and a boulder fell into the road and the road was closed for a few days; my next visit after that, there was an unexpected work stoppage in Sorrento that slowed by trip to Naples by about one hour but my car service had advance word of it the night before and alerted me so I could leave an hour earlier than originally planned.

There is nothing about getting around the Amalfi Coast that is easy - The nicest way to travel the area in high season is by ferry but there is no ferry, sadly, from Amalfi to Naples.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

If you don't mind an early departure, there is a direct SITA bus (Monday through Friday) from Amalfi at 6:20, arriving Naples at 8:15. This bus does NOT transit through Salerno, but takes a shortcut direct to Naples after reaching Vietri sul Mare. Connect in Naples at Piazza Garibaldi (main train station) to the Alibus airport bus to NAP airport. Get off the SITA bus at the stop on Via Ferraris NEAR the train station, then walk about 250 meters to the piazza in front of the station (Piazza Garibaldi) to find the stop of the Alibus going to the airport. Allow at least 5-10 minutes on foot to get from one bus to the other bus.

Travel time: 115 + 20 minutes (plus connection time).

You should arrive at the airport around 9:00 a.m.

One-way fare: 4.10 + 3 Euros = 7.10 Euros.

There are several other ways to get to the airport from Amalfi using public transportation (via Salerno or Sorrento), but the solution above is the fastest and most direct (unless you pay 120 Euros for a private transfer by car).

www.sitasudtrasporti.it

Line 5020

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Thanks, do you have comtact details of the private transfer for 90Eur - the cheapest quote I've got is 110Eur.

Sorrento
reviews: 13
5. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Check this company

http://www.transferelax.com/our-services.html

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187782-d3…

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Thanks for the info GAC, but I'm not too keen on the early start.

I'll check out a few more private transfer companies and if I can't find one for 90 Eur I'll look at the bus/train option.

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Fantastic!

Thank you MEMOLE, looks like a private transfer will be the way to go.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
8. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

It is good there is that early bus option; my issues with every single bus I have ever taken on my many AC trips is that I may have had 2 or 3 that were actually on schedule; hopefully, this bus is more on time than the others.

It also may occur that prices for car services may rise by next high season; if you can lock someone into the pretty unbelievable price of 90 euros from Amalfi to Naples, then do book it - it is extremely low compared to every other one I have ever checked - which, I admit to being curious about - with insurance, fleet, drivers, a six month season, it seems amazing someone can be priced so much lower than others.

So - if they can do it, that would be the way to go.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Hello MomCat, we are travelling to Minori in April and like the sound of this bus from Amalfi to Naples for our return airport transfer. Do you have any details, a website etc please? many thanks :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
10. Re: Traveling from Amalfi to Naples Airport

Look at response (post) number 3 for all the info on it; I've never taken it. But, keep in mind you will need to factor in time to get to Amalfi from Minori and at that hour, do check with your hotel as to bus times to be sure you don't miss this early bus from Amalfi - they should have that info for you.