We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Accommodation

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 5
Rental Accommodation

Hi my husband and I are planning a holiday on the Amalfi coast around September next year preferably somewhere with a view. As I am unable to walk up a lot of steps is anyone able to recommend accommodation with a view and few steps? Also that is close to transport.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 50
1. Re: Rental Accommodation

Try sorrento on the flat

Perth
2. Re: Rental Accommodation

Thanks for your suggestion...

UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
3. Re: Rental Accommodation

Although the centre of Sorrento is on the flat, it is built along the cliff top so great views over Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples are available. There is a bus and a public lift down to sea level for boats to Capri etc. Check whether the accom has a lift, some older buildings do not, or that help with luggage is available.

Perth
4. Re: Rental Accommodation

Hi did an about turn and now looking at hotel Margherita in Praiano which has a bus that stops outside, train close by, lifts etc.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Bunbury, Western...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Rental Accommodation

Hi

While Praiano seems a wonderful place to stay and the Hotel Margherita has some great reviews, I think it's one of the steepest places to stay on the coast especially if you are concerned about climbing steps. I'm not saying don't stay there but maybe do a bit more research.

You mentioned near a train line....as far as I know the closest train line to Praiano is either Salerno or Sorrento.

Wherever you stay on the Amalfi Coast, I am sure you will love it as I did.

Perth
6. Re: Rental Accommodation

Hi....thanks will do a bit more homework. They have a free shuttle service from the hotel which appealed.

New York
reviews: 28
7. Re: Rental Accommodation

Sorrento is not on the Amalfi Coast, but it is flat and has the local commuter train to Naples which also includes stops for Pompeii and Herculaneum.

There is no train in Priano. If you're concerned about steps and you want to stay on the Amalfi Coast the town of Amalfi will probably be easiest. Not sure what kind of transport you are seeking, but on the Amalfi Coast there are buses (very crowded) and ferries between towns which should be running in September.

Perth
8. Re: Rental Accommodation

Ok great thanks.....really do want to stay on the Amalfi coast so will do some more searching.

Reply to: Rental Accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted