We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
16 posts
Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

Hi

I am looking for a company who can take 12 of us from Amalfi to Capri for the day, perhaps a tour of Capri? maybe to the grotto, drop us at a port for a couple of hours?

has anyone got any recommendations? I looked at doing the trip ourselves on the public boat but it seems a bif of a faff then having to find a boat tour on capri to take us around the island.

thanks

laura

South Australia
Level Contributor
24,749 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

Contact www.coopsantandrea.com

NY burbs
Level Contributor
166 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

I recommend amalfiboatexcursion.com. The boat holds 12. We did a tour of the coast, visited grottos, swam, circled Capri and hAd 3 hours to tour the island. 100 euros per person but if booking the whole boat, they might negotiate. Reviews on TA

Alexandria, VA USA
Level Contributor
569 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

We used www.amalficharter.it and they were great to work with. They have several different boats so I'm sure one can handle your group of 12. We spent the day on board swimming, visiting the blue grotto, stopping in Positano and lunching in Nerano. A highlight of our trip!

Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

Thanks all

I will contact these companies and see what they can do - I'm on a tight budget and finding it hard to find cheap but good tours!

thanks

Laura

Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

Actually 'Twocoasts' I have already contacted them and for our group they want around £6000 for the day!!! I I can buy a boat for that! lol

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32,069 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

You could just take the ferry over to the island then get a boat ride around the island for an hour or two - that should all cost quite a lot less than getting a private boat to take you to the island. There is so much to enjoy on the island beyond being in a boat, as wonderful as that is: www.capri.net

There is no way to have such a private tour for so many people while on a "tight budget" -

Edited: 9:00 am, August 22, 2013
Alexandria, VA USA
Level Contributor
569 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

That price does not sound right. We had 7 adults on our boat and it was about 800 euro for the full day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32,069 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

twocoasts: were you on the boat for the full day or did you get off and have about 4 to 4.5 hours on the island after getting there and circling the island for a few hours after leaving Positano?

There are boats that take about 10 people (maybe more in some of them) that charge about 60 plus euros (not sure what it is this year) per person which takes you to Capri, goes all around the island and stops for swimming a few times, then drops you off for about 4-4.5 hours. You then return to the boat around 5 p.m. and head back to Positano.

That could be a nice option as it seems you would have enough to fill one of those boats - if they take 12 people (again, not sure as there are different boats/companies). The companies are located right on the main beach in Positano and impossible to miss.

This is one such company - you could email and see what they have to offer:

http://www.cassiopea-positano.com

These are simple boats -

Alexandria, VA USA
Level Contributor
569 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

We had the boat for the full day. Departed around 9:30 a.m. cruised from Amalfi up the coast. Swam. Went to the Blue Grotto and Green Grotto at Capri. Circled Capri. Swam some more. Went to Nerano for lunch. Cruised some more. Went to Positano for about an hour. Back in Amalfi at 6 p.m.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Private boat tour from Amalfi (or near) to Capri for 1 day

You all are talking about exactly what I want! :-)

I know I am asking a lot re budgets however my party are looking for a cheap option not me so I have to go with what they want!

I got it wrong sorry Twocoasts it was a very similar company so I am going to contact all the above.

Whoever said about doing it alone thanks I have looked into it but its a bit of a faff to organise everyone and I know someone will end up late and miss the boat home or want to go off and then we are all over the place.

Laura :-)