We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saltcoats, United...
reviews: 6
Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

I asked another message in another forum about travel between Positano and Sorrento by ferry. My next question is "are there ferries which run between amalfi and positano?".

Travel between Positano and Sorrento by bus proved difficult for us due to the location of our accomodation which is why we ended up settling for the ferry at noon.

I am hoping that travel between Amalfi and Positano is easier, by either ferry or bus. We are staying at the Hotel Villa Felice Relais (Via Tuoro 10, Amalfi)

thanks all

9 replies to this topic
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

www.coopsantandrea.it

Saltcoats, United...
2. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

thanks GaC, same site as before then :-)

much appreciated

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 11
3. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

If you look at that site, you will see where you can choose the cities for your routes - upper right of the page - to see schedules.

Saltcoats, United...
4. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

perfect, thank you :)

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

Yes - we did it yesterday! 8 euro per person each way.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 75
6. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

I was hoping you could help. I am looking at the above website to try and figure out if we can catch a frerry from Positano to Amalfi however the times that are listed are really confusing. I tried calling to speak to them but they speak very little English. Can you help make this out:

from Positano to Amalfi

departures from Positano at:

10.00 - 12.00 - 13:30 to 15:30 - 17:00 to 18:30

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 11
7. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

These are the six ferries, from that website:

10.00 – 12.00 - 13.30 - 15.30 - 17.00 – 18.30

You are adding "to" between a few of the hours where there is none - they are just dashes between the six times available to travel.

Portland, OR
reviews: 9
8. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

And the trip takes 25 minutes, so if you catch the 10:00 ferry, you arrive at 10:25-ish.

To catch the ferry from Amalfi back to Positano, your afternoon departure times will be:

12.30, 15.00, 16.20 and 18.00

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 17
9. Re: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?

Taking the ferry boat FROM Positano TO Amalfi is often more valuable than the reverse, because the eastbound SITA bus arriving into Positano from Sorrento is often full to capacity and will not allow more passengers to board in Positano. That forces you to wait one hour for the next bus, or opt for the ferry boat.

By contrast, the westbound SITA bus FROM Amalfi TO Positano (going all the way to Sorrento) begins its route in Amalfi, and you can board the bus at the terminus in Amalfi.

Smart travellers along the Amalfi Coast bring with them a copy of both the SITA bus schedules AND the ferry boat schedules.

Reply to: Amalfi to Positano by ferry?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted