We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 24
Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

Hello

I have been trying to determine if a bus line runs between Amalfi town and Pompeii. Whether one does or not has a direct bearing on how many hotel nights I book in Amalfi. I can not seem to find any schedule. We are making the trip to that area October 19, 2013. thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

I don't think there is any bus, as it would duplicate the train line between Sorrento and Naples.

You can take a bus to Sorrento and change there to the train.

Wellington, New...
reviews: 40
2. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

I'm not too sure about a bus from Amalfi to Pompeii but as suggested by the previous comment, you can take a local bus to Sorrento and then switch to train for the final leg into Pompeii. I was staying in Praiano on the Amalfi Coast and took this bus to Sorrento which was about an hour in duration.

Canada
3. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

Thank you for your kind and helpful responses.

San Marcos...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

We took a tour bus from Amalfi to Pompeii in 2007, caught it right down by the waterfront. Ask your hotel about it. It simplified the day for us, and since it was our first trip to Italy, simple was good.

Canada
5. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

Thank you that is most helpful!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
6. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

That was pre economic crash in 2008 and services that may have been offered 6 years ago, may well not be offered in 2013. Do check with your hotel to see if that bus still exists - and, hopefully, it does but I have never heard of it. Do let us know if it does still exist.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
7. Re: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii

I don't know about "tour buses" but there are SITA buses between Amalfi and Pompei: amalficoastweb.com/orari_sita_bus_timetables… (bottom right-hand timetable). You'll notice they are timed for people working in Naples, i.e. there is nothing between the 06:40 departure from Sorrento (arr. 08:30) and the 15:00! And there is only one return from Pompei, at 16:50.

I imagine that that they drop you near the Pompei (sic) station on the other side of the archaeological site from the Circumvesuviana (which has a stop, Pompeii Scavi, close to the main entrance). From Pompei FS (station) it's about a 10 minute walk to the Piazza Amfiteatro entrance to the site.

Edited: 6:18 pm, August 18, 2013
Reply to: Can anyone advise: bus from Amalfi to Pompeii
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted