We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Amalfi to Naples

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Travel from Amalfi to Naples

Need to travel from Almafi to Naples train station on October 23. Car service is quoting $400. Is there a safe alternative?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

A car service shouldn't charge more than about 130 euros - not $400; I suggest checking with another company. One I always use is Guemar Travel - you can email them at info@guemartravel.com - www.guemartravel.com - see what they quote. The quote you have been given is way off the mark.

Alternative is ferry to Salerno, then train to Naples; OR bus to Sorrento and then local train (Circumvesuviana) to Naples. The caveat would be whether the ferry is still running on that date; it was when I was there the last week of October 2011 - but, you can always check at http://www.coopsantandrea.com - (today's schedules may change by October so you would need to check again closer to your date).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 125
2. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

The SITA bus with a connection at Sorrento for the train to Naples.

If you're not pushed for time, take the hydrofoil service to Sorrento, then connect with another to Naples and a taxi to Napoli Centrale.

Or you could try another car service quote - info@worldtours.it - Amadeo/Antonio - they are reasonably priced. They charged me 120 euros from Positano to Naples and Amalfi is only a little further away.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

SOLUTION 1:

Amalfi to Naples by direct SITA bus (no connections) at 6:20 a.m. One-way ticket 4.10 Euros. Ask the driver to drop you as close as possible to Napoli Centrale train station. You may have a 5-minute walk to the station.

BEWARE: no Amalfi/Naples direct bus service on Sundays (must travel via Salerno)

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5020.pdf

SOLUTION 2:

A. Amalfi to Salerno by direct SITA bus (hourly departures). One-way ticket 3.80 Euros. Get off the bus at the stop along the coastal road next to Piazza della Concorida (large parking lot). Walk 350 meters to the Salerno train station.

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

B. Salerno to Naples by Trenitalia unreserved regionale train. One-way ticket 4.10 Euros. Don't take the reserved trains, which cost much more.

www.trenitalia.it

SOLUTION 3:

A. Amalfi to Salerno-Concordia Dock by Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferry boat. Ferry operates April through October only. Subject to cancellation due to bad weather. Walk 800 meters to Salerno train station.

www.coopsantandrea.it

B. Salerno to Naples by Trenitalia unreserved regionale train (as above)

SOLUTION 4:

A private transfer by car with driver should cost about 120 Euros (NOT $400).

Edited: 5:20 pm, August 08, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
4. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

Amalfi to Naples via SORRENTO takes longer (and costs more) than via SALERNO. Unless you have a specific reason to travel via Sorrento, you're usually advised to go via Salerno (absent a road closure).

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

hello gac my boyfriend and i appreciate your detailed routes in italy it has helped us with our decision making we will be in italy for two to three weeks staarting in sicily and going north what do you suggest as far as where to go and how to get there thank you so much

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
6. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

Difficult to answer your question without knowing your interests and preferences. Perhaps you can start a different (new) thread with an appropriate title, in order to get the widest possible reception.

London, United...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

That is way too much money I found much cheaper without compromising safety or quality. I was very frightened to travel on the Italian roads and its quite a challenging journey from Naples to Amalfi. I shopped around on the Internet and found a superb company which offered the best rate and they are willing to negotiate if you are a solo traveller. Both drivers took meticulous care and travelled very slowly around the hair pin bends. Their cars were very luxurious and they took the time to explain the various areas we were travelling through. I usually get car sick but they took such care that I was fine and I can even say quite relaxed during the journey! there is no direct way to get to Amalfi from Naples airport so I highly recommend this company:

info@limoservicesorrento.com

Telephone Coppola Lucio 0039/3497573782

8. Re: Travel from Amalfi to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014